Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
Josh The Biker Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

(03-31-2013, 02:31 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 11:57 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 01:00 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote: I basically said "ok Amnesia, take your best shot. oh and I hope you're a fun game"
Playing it, I think Amnesia is a great game, and the atmosphere made me chicken out the first time I played. Then I read this and how true it was, "Amnesia just takes time getting used to". I got used to the chilling atmosphere, and then I basically just threw rocks at monsters, and doesn't afraid of anything.

JustAnotherPlayer, teach this whippersnapper a lesson. Big Grin

I will Smile
Amnesia isn't a fun game, it's a horror game meant to in strike fear to your heart. Threw rocks at monsters ruins immersion. Why? because if you were chased by a serial killer you won't threw a rock at their face, right? Doesn't afraid of Amnesia means that you didn't immerse yourself nor do you take time to get used to the atmosphere.
First off, if the game wasn't fun, I wouldn't be playing it at all. It would just bore me to death. Um, if I was being chased by a serial killer, I could throw a rock at them but I'd have to do it at the right time. I don't generally immerse myself into games because of the fact that I'm just not good at immersion and I constantly remind myself they are games and nothing more then games. I hate comments about being immersed. And I didn't take time to get used to the atmosphere? What you have just said is completely wrong. It's so wrong, it makes me want to puke. The first time I played Amnesia, the atmosphere made me quit in 2 minutes.

[Image: Pearl_Normal_1.gif]
03-31-2013, 07:15 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-31-2013, 07:15 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 02:31 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 11:57 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 01:00 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote: I basically said "ok Amnesia, take your best shot. oh and I hope you're a fun game"
Playing it, I think Amnesia is a great game, and the atmosphere made me chicken out the first time I played. Then I read this and how true it was, "Amnesia just takes time getting used to". I got used to the chilling atmosphere, and then I basically just threw rocks at monsters, and doesn't afraid of anything.

JustAnotherPlayer, teach this whippersnapper a lesson. Big Grin

I will Smile
Amnesia isn't a fun game, it's a horror game meant to in strike fear to your heart. Threw rocks at monsters ruins immersion. Why? because if you were chased by a serial killer you won't threw a rock at their face, right? Doesn't afraid of Amnesia means that you didn't immerse yourself nor do you take time to get used to the atmosphere.
First off, if the game wasn't fun, I wouldn't be playing it at all. It would just bore me to death. Um, if I was being chased by a serial killer, I could throw a rock at them but I'd have to do it at the right time. I don't generally immerse myself into games because of the fact that I'm just not good at immersion and I constantly remind myself they are games and nothing more then games. I hate comments about being immersed. And I didn't take time to get used to the atmosphere? What you have just said is completely wrong. It's so wrong, it makes me want to puke. The first time I played Amnesia, the atmosphere made me quit in 2 minutes.
To play Amnesia by it's fullest, take your time. Ingest the atmosphere. Feel that you are really there. To achieve this, you must not remember that this is a game. Just take this as you exploring a castle.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-31-2013, 08:17 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

To be honest, I don't feel that throwing rocks breaks the immersion. If I were chased by a monster I'd also probably try to pick up some rocks while running and throw them behind me. You knew monsters actually stops for a couple of seconds when you throw things at them, right?
03-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

A game like Amnesia has to be fully explored , lived.

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Website Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

I don't see how you can enjoy any game if you don't immerse yourself.
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

When I play amnesia, the "will there be a monster at the corner or hall" thoughts always pop in my head.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
03-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Find
CrachatSanieux Offline

Threads: 0

I'm 16, and there are a few moments when I was affraid (the catacomb of Brennenburg are almost the only level who maked me scared, but I've not finished the game yet). I really love the game's ambience and the story just fascinate me, but I don't found that Amnesia TDD is the most scaring game ever created.
03-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-31-2013, 03:18 PM)CrachatSanieux Wrote: I'm 16, and there are a few moments when I was affraid (the catacomb of Brennenburg are almost the only level who maked me scared, but I've not finished the game yet). I really love the game's ambience and the story just fascinate me, but I don't found that Amnesia TDD is the most scaring game ever created.

Then what is? Amnesia is the scariest game ever made. It could only be beaten by it's sequel, A Machine For Pigs.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Find
Josh The Biker Offline

Threads: 9

(03-31-2013, 02:10 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: I don't see how you can enjoy any game if you don't immerse yourself.
Implying you can immerse yourself in 2D games.

(03-31-2013, 03:19 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 03:18 PM)CrachatSanieux Wrote: I'm 16, and there are a few moments when I was affraid (the catacomb of Brennenburg are almost the only level who maked me scared, but I've not finished the game yet). I really love the game's ambience and the story just fascinate me, but I don't found that Amnesia TDD is the most scaring game ever created.

Then what is? Amnesia is the scariest game ever made. It could only be beaten by it's sequel, A Machine For Pigs.
Please state the facts, not the opinions.
And to be honest, Amnesia is predictable as to when a monster will show up.
"oh cool i picked up an item OMG A MONSTER"
"ok when i pick this up will there be a monster? yep there is a monster"
"oh cool i solved a puzzle OMG A MONSTER"
"yeah when i solve this puzzle a monster probably gonna pop up"
"ok the monster hasn't shown up yet but he probably will when i leave this room"

[Image: Pearl_Normal_1.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM by Josh The Biker.)
03-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Um, yeah, of course you can immerse yourself in a 2D game. You can immerse yourself in any game, hell you could immerse yourself in a movie or a book or really any other form of media that tells a story, the only difference is games are debatebly the most immersive form. All it means is disregarding the fact that it's a game and letting yourself "become" the character so to speak, and if almost anything has a good enough story and it tells it well then it can be immersive. And yeah I hate to break it to you but running around throwing rocks at the monsters kind of ruins any chance of you getting the right experience, because in a situation where you have some massive deformed monster with a split open face and blade for an arm I can guarantee you your first reaction isn't going to be "oh hey let's throw a rock at it".

Posting Freak
03-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Website Find