Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other]
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other]

(01-11-2014, 06:15 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 05:26 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: I know I don't have enough posts to participate, [...]

It seems like a waste. What do you guys think?

imo, I believe there should be some exceptions: If you give away a game you should be allowed to take a game even if you don't have the amount of posts you need to participate.
01-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other]

But then should they be limited to taking only the amount of games they offered up?

And what if I just go make a random account say i have X game and want game Y? but I dont really have game X i just hit and ran for game Y never to be seen again.

I realize we would like to work on the assumption nobody would do that, but...

If people would like to give games away before meeting the prerequisite posts to get games, that's okay, but in my opinion they should still not be able to get games until they meet said posting requirement.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 07:09 PM by 7heDubz.)
01-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

Guys I don't want any games, I'm probably never gonna make a request - I'm just here to give away, so you can limit me to no games at all cause I won't ask for one anyways.
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I don't see a problem if someone wants to give away games even if they don't meet the requirements.
Besides, we can change the rules pretty much on the fly, so it's not a big deal...

The problem is just the users who might join, get a game and leave without having any sort of contribution to the community.

01-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Website Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

I don't think it really matters when someone wants to give a game away. It's still his choice. I think these rules should apply to people just making an account to get a free game.
01-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Another thing is, a lot of people with a lot of posts (mainly me) just spam the off-topic with pointless shit and the people that hang around the more focused areas of the forums have fewer posts but likely more contributing.

[Image: luv.gif]
01-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(01-11-2014, 07:08 PM)WIWWM Wrote: If people would like to give games away before meeting the prerequisite posts to get games, that's okay, but in my opinion they should still not be able to get games until they meet said posting requirement.

I agree to that. Everyone should be allowed to give away games but no requests until the other requirements are met. In that case, the only thing that will change is the word participate --> request at Rule 1.

The only downside is that if a new member with 1 post wants to give a game, by the times someone requests it (let's say after a month) that users may have stopped visiting the forum. That's one of the reasons the 300 posts were set. But that's not really a big problem. Someone didn't get a game for free, alright. Maybe next time. Wink

I think pretty much everyone agrees to allow giving away games so GiggleBlizzard make a small list of what you have and we'll sort the details later.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 09:49 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

Precicely what I posted earlier is what I have to give, but to be even more exact:

1 steam copy of "Company of Heroes"
1 steam copy of "Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts"
1 steam copy of "Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor"
3 steam coupons for 50% off on "Crusader Kings 2"

There is no reason to give away the company of heroes games one by one though.
01-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Is it just me, or is the layout "wrong" on the OP? The game list for Origin and such is "inside" the spoiler bar for the Steam games list. May be my end, tho.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
01-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Hmm, apparently it very much is. The spoiler tags are seemingly only registering one set, and disregarding all those in between.

So until someone comes up with a solution to what's wrong (I have no idea, and can't get it to work), I've removed the spoiler tags for now.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Find