Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Amnesia should have CO-OP... ;P

Redeemer: Multiplayer? Resource intensive? hahaha We're talking small group LAN or even local hosted WAN. No one said anything about dedicated servers but you. We're not talking about WOW here. And as another user CORRECTLY stated, gaming leaves a very small bandwidth footprint.

And why the hell would you assume to know what I do for a living?
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 04:39 AM by gandalf91.)
06-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

In order for them to develop a multi-player experience as emotive and compelling as the single-player would take a long time to develop. I don't think they're going to hack multiple players into the game and dust off their hands, and I don't know the structure of the game engine for how difficult it would be to do that, could take up to a total ground-up rewrite.
06-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

(06-01-2011, 04:51 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: In order for them to develop a multi-player experience as emotive and compelling as the single-player would take a long time to develop.

Oh don't get me wrong, that's just not possible I don't think. However, multiplayer isn't meant to try and achieve the same bar. It's more casual. And I completely understand people who would not want to play something like that.
06-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(06-01-2011, 04:51 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: In order for them to develop a multi-player experience as emotive and compelling as the single-player would take a long time to develop. I don't think they're going to hack multiple players into the game and dust off their hands, and I don't know the structure of the game engine for how difficult it would be to do that, could take up to a total ground-up rewrite.

Wouldn't it be easy like that:
Set_PS3_Enabled = true;
Set_PS3_Shitty = true;
Set_XBOX_Enabled = true;
Set_XBOX_Shitty = false;
Set_Multiplayer_Enabled = true;

I thought it was that easy Smile

06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Set_<console>_shitty Hahaha Tongue
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

(06-01-2011, 11:45 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 04:51 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: In order for them to develop a multi-player experience as emotive and compelling as the single-player would take a long time to develop. I don't think they're going to hack multiple players into the game and dust off their hands, and I don't know the structure of the game engine for how difficult it would be to do that, could take up to a total ground-up rewrite.

Wouldn't it be easy like that

Allthrough, With a multiplayer people would get more people to play, Making more people buy the game..

I dont think it would be very hard. Make a player model (Maybe 2) And add some code.
(My friend made a Mafia 2 Multiplayer Beta in 4 weeks on his own, Frictionalgames has more developers.)

06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8

Horror games will never be suitable for multiplayer because it takes away the whole atmosphere of the game. END OF DISCUSSION.
06-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(06-01-2011, 11:45 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Set_PS3_Enabled = true;
Set_PS3_Shitty = true;
Set_XBOX_Enabled = true;
Set_XBOX_Shitty = false;
Set_Multiplayer_Enabled = true;

I thought it was that easy Smile

Don't forget to
Multiplayer_balanced = true;
Teamsize_Perfect = true;

(06-01-2011, 02:11 PM)laser50 Wrote: I dont think it would be very hard. Make a player model (Maybe 2) And add some code.
(My friend made a Mafia 2 Multiplayer Beta in 4 weeks on his own, Frictionalgames has more developers.)

Looking this up, the MafiaIIMultiplayer is not yet out after 9 months, will use a professional networking middleware somehow integrated into the code, and is being developed by a team of people out of Holland, and as an aside making in-game models is also not trivial.
06-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(06-01-2011, 02:11 PM)laser50 Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 11:45 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:

Wouldn't it be easy like that

Allthrough, With a multiplayer people would get more people to play, Making more people buy the game..

I dont think it would be very hard. Make a player model (Maybe 2) And add some code.

you know if every company out there did stuff just to get more people to buy stuff, then a lot of great products wouldn't be nearly as good as they are.

Take Electronic Arts for example, they've got their fingers in just about every pie out there, which is unfortunate, because games like Mass Effect 2 could have been a lot better had Bioware avoided EA like the plague.
06-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Website Find
catsick Offline

Threads: 0

Anything like L4D would be horrible. Anything more than 2 players would be horrible.

This co-op game would be nothing like CoD or RE. RE "horror" is nothing compared to Amnesia horror. CoD isn't horror at all and is a poor comparison to what the co-op would be like. There is NO game out there -- to my knowledge -- that would have the same atmosphere or game play that an Amnesia-style multiplayer would have.

i'm only mean out of necessity
06-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Find