Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
Gradon Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Anmeisa Online Idea

I had this thought in mind, but it IS just an extra mode after all - and with a friend, as the scariness is depleted, it's still there.
The more players there are, the less scary it would be, but I don't see the harm in adding one more for a special co-op mode.
Multiplayer 'deathmatch' modes in a game like this is redundant.
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Find
Atganos Offline

Threads: 2

Lol Amneisa
05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

That simple 'extra mode' would require a complete overhaul of the engine since it's meant for singleplayer only.

Apart from being just a terrible idea, I think the devs have more important work to do.
05-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

(05-01-2011, 07:36 PM)Atganos Wrote: Lol Amneisa

Anmeisa!
Shame on you, you can't write the name of the game correctly false! Big Grin

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
05-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-01-2011, 03:02 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 02:21 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 02:19 PM)Tottel Wrote: *facepalm*

Seconded.

Thirded.

Screw that

*headdesk*
05-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(05-01-2011, 12:09 PM)mattwestwick Wrote: Lantantes sound delicious. What kind of dish is that?

Touche. Tongue
(05-02-2011, 04:30 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Screw that

*headdesk*

Lol, touche again. xD
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 04:40 AM by gandalf91.)
05-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

*Takes amnesia potion to forget this thread*
05-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Find
vergilmaycry Offline

Threads: 1

(05-02-2011, 04:30 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 03:02 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 02:21 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 02:19 PM)Tottel Wrote: *facepalm*

Seconded.

Thirded.

Screw that

*headdesk*

Seconded. Tongue

Amnesia's a gem because it fills holes left in te industry since Team Silent so coldheartedly left us. Turning it more towards Left 4 Dead/Killing Floor/Dead Rising (or another horror-esque game with a focus on action or multiplayer) would leave a lifeless husk of a game; a beautiful idea that somehow went all wrong as it progressed (RE5, SHH, Fear 2, IMO at least).
05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Find
Nettogrof Offline

Threads: 5

I think a horror game can still be scary with 1 to 4 people playing. That's it though. Nothing else.
May an idea where coop is done so everyone can do custom stories together. 4 people max though only.

A versus mode where it's 4 vs 4.. 4 people are survivors and others are hunters like said in another post.

Another Idea of a versus mode is 4 vs 1 or 2. A mode where 4 people survive and the other people control part of the AI as the Director. I think it'd be a unique experience. The AI director controlers can control the map from a sky view or another viewpoint (idk what would be best), and the goal can either be to invoke fear the most in the other players. They could set up a fear level indicator using the survivors microphone to detect words such as "oh my god, oh shit, i'm scared, ahh, etc..", heavy breaths, and also screams and such. They could take these variables and set them on different fear levels of their own. Whoever scares the other team the most wins. The teams would by 2's, while the 4 survivors will work together all the time though. Teams will only matter during the points and when the 2 people are the AI director. They could release a pulse indicator to measure how fast the heart is beating. Should be something simple that the player wheres around their neck or wrist and is wireless and attaches to the USB of their pc to detect fear as well. Oh and if the survivors survive, they get take pointz against the AI Director Big Grin. Or add points to themselves, either one. I think taking points from the AI director would make more sense, since they're in teams of two.

JUST AN IDEA Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2011, 08:29 PM by Nettogrof.)
05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Find
Nettogrof Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Suggestion for multiplayer

I think a horror game can still be scary with 1 to 4 people playing. That's it though. Nothing else.
May an idea where coop is done so everyone can do custom stories together. 4 people max though only.

A versus mode where it's 4 vs 4.. 4 people are survivors and others are hunters like said in another post.

Another Idea of a versus mode is 4 vs 1 or 2. A mode where 4 people survive and the other people control part of the AI as the Director. I think it'd be a unique experience. The AI director controlers can control the map from a sky view or another viewpoint (idk what would be best), and the goal can either be to invoke fear the most in the other players. They could set up a fear level indicator using the survivors microphone to detect words such as "oh my god, oh shit, i'm scared, ahh, etc..", heavy breaths, and also screams and such. They could take these variables and set them on different fear levels of their own. Whoever scares the other team the most wins. The teams would by 2's, while the 4 survivors will work together all the time though. Teams will only matter during the points and when the 2 people are the AI director. They could release a pulse indicator to measure how fast the heart is beating. Should be something simple that the player wheres around their neck or wrist and is wireless and attaches to the USB of their pc to detect fear as well. Oh and if the survivors survive, they get take pointz against the AI Director Big Grin. Or add points to themselves, either one. I think taking points from the AI director would make more sense, since they're in teams of two.

JUST AN IDEA Big Grin
05-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Find