Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "I almost died" thread
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The "I almost died" thread

(03-28-2013, 08:14 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 12:59 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote: Are you ok? Unless you're deeply traumatized, you should tell us the story!

So yeah I got stabbed.

Doesn't matter had sex. -

Right? RIGHT!?

[Image: luv.gif]
03-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I also died after watching the entirety of Breaking Bad, 11 times.
03-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Spoiler for tasteless humor.

Spoiler below!
I tried to do a reach-around on SCP 173 and almost died.

But seriously, I got side-swiped at an intersection about 2 years ago. An extra second and I would have felt the full blunt of it. Thankfully it just wrecked the engine.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
03-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(03-28-2013, 08:14 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 12:59 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote: Are you ok? Unless you're deeply traumatized, you should tell us the story!

Not too much of a story to tell.
I was walking with one of my female friends through a ravine, along a path I normally take. People walk their dogs through there all the time, so it's not uncommon to run into someone. It was about 21:00 (9 Pm)
However, we came upon a scraggly looking man that was quite evidently homeless, as well a drunk, judging from how he spoke and how he moved about.
When we got closer, he pulled an X-Acto knife out, and demanded that I give him all the money in my wallet.

I pushed my female friend behind me, and pulled out my wallet. I showed him that I had no cash, just a few receipts. After muttering some incoherent nonsense about it being bullshit, he became a bit agitated.
He lunged at my face with the knife, but I backed up, and caught it on the chest. Luckily, the homeless dude missed my jacket, as it was open at the time, so only my shirt got messed up (I <3 my leather jacket)

I then proceeded to punch him square in the nose. I don't know how much (if any) damage I caused, but he staggered away in a hurry. I didn't pursue him, because I knew that any fast movement would cause my wound to bleed more that it already was.

We then went back to her house, where we used her first aid kit to patch myself up a fair bit. We then took a cab to the nearest hospital and I got myself sewn up.
And now I'll have a pretty awesome scar on my chest.
The wound itself is incredibly superficial. It only needs stitches due to the wound being wide. The skin in the middle of your chest is tighter than it is elsewhere, so if it gets cut, it naturally pulls apart.

So yeah. That's my story. One of those freak incidents. People be crazy, man.

Dude i'm sorry Sad
I hope you're alright Smile

listen to boards of canada
03-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Website Find
Josh The Biker Offline

Threads: 9

One time I fell underwater in a small pool for about a minute.
Stupid me didn't even try to struggle.

[Image: Pearl_Normal_1.gif]
03-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

I got hit by a car when I was thirteen. Essentially shattered both bones in my right arm (bones were sticking out and everything) and chipped and pushed around a bunch of my teeth and rendered the braces that the orthodontist had just removed pointless. Don't remember much about it, had a pretty big concussion.
03-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I was in Thailand 2004, 26 of december during the Tsunami. I was also in Khao Lak, one of the areas hit worst by the Tsunami (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khao_Lak#2004_tsunami). Luckily our family was away from the coast that day, so we didn't have to run away from the waves. It felt a little unreal seeing dead people lying by the streets and houses demolished. One of my friends who happened to be there as well lost half of his family.

When I was in India with a friend we hired a driver to take us through part of the country. The first thing he mentions is "there is a baseball-bat back in my trunk.. the rural areas can get messy sometimes". During lunch he asked us if we do drugs. He then went on to tell us about opium and "How you feel like a tiger!" if you took it. We declined his offer. When we ate dinner that evening it was quite late, we were far out in a rural area and the lack of street lights made it very dark.

After dinner, our driver scurried away and returned a few minutes later, looking kind of hazy. As he began driving we happened upon a queue of cars and instead of waiting in line he drove out on the other lane, against traffic. He then proceeded to drive quite fast on those small, bad roads without lights. The only occasional light we encountered was one of the trucks driving along the small rural road. My friend said he was obviously high and we became paranoid that he might crash into the occasional truck or stone wall by the road.

Suddenly the road was blocked by two large trucks, parked on both lanes. As we approached and slowed down they lighted their headlights. A gang of people were standing outside of the trucks (around 12 people). As they peered into our car our driver said "keep calm". My thoughts instantly went to the baseball-bat in his trunk, thinking if push comes to shove I'll run back, pick up that baseball-bat and start swinging. As my heart-rate increased our driver took the decision to jam the gas pedal to the floor and we sped out on the side (slope) of the road.

Once we arrived at the small hotel me and my friend were quite paranoid. The (interpreted) robbers on the road and the speedy drive with a crash-potential-and-die had jacked up our heart rates a lot. We weren't injured in any way, but the adrenaline rushing through my body made it hard to sleep.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(03-30-2013, 05:51 PM)Acies Wrote: I was in Thailand 2004, 26 of december during the Tsunami. I was also in Khao Lak, one of the areas hit worst by the Tsunami (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khao_Lak#2004_tsunami). Luckily our family was away from the coast that day, so we didn't have to run away from the waves. It felt a little unreal seeing dead people lying by the streets and houses demolished. One of my friends who happened to be there as well lost half of his family.

When I was in India with a friend we hired a driver to take us through part of the country. The first thing he mentions is "there is a baseball-bat back in my trunk.. the rural areas can get messy sometimes". During lunch he asked us if we do drugs. He then went on to tell us about opium and "How you feel like a tiger!" if you took it. We declined his offer. When we ate dinner that evening it was quite late, we were far out in a rural area and the lack of street lights made it very dark.

After dinner, our driver scurried away and returned a few minutes later, looking kind of hazy. As he began driving we happened upon a queue of cars and instead of waiting in line he drove out on the other lane, against traffic. He then proceeded to drive quite fast on those small, bad roads without lights. The only occasional light we encountered was one of the trucks driving along the small rural road. My friend said he was obviously high and we became paranoid that he might crash into the occasional truck or stone wall by the road.

Suddenly the road was blocked by two large trucks, parked on both lanes. As we approached and slowed down they lighted their headlights. A gang of people were standing outside of the trucks (around 12 people). As they peered into our car our driver said "keep calm". My thoughts instantly went to the baseball-bat in his trunk, thinking if push comes to shove I'll run back, pick up that baseball-bat and start swinging. As my heart-rate increased our driver took the decision to jam the gas pedal to the floor and we sped out on the side (slope) of the road.

Once we arrived at the small hotel me and my friend were quite paranoid. The (interpreted) robbers on the road and the speedy drive with a crash-potential-and-die had jacked up our heart rates a lot. We weren't injured in any way, but the adrenaline rushing through my body made it hard to sleep.
wow you sound like you've been through a ton of shit

Edit: And did all this happen on vacation?

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 10:15 PM by Froge.)
03-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I've traveled alot, among that around the world twice, once with my family and once with my friend. These stories are from two separate vacations.

On the contrary my daily life is quite "dull" :] I live in a calm suburban neighbourhood but I guess that everyone will encounter "these types" of situations eventually(?), given time and "random chance".

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(03-30-2013, 11:08 PM)Acies Wrote: On the contrary my daily life is quite "dull" :] I live in a calm suburban neighbourhood but I guess that everyone will encounter "these types" of situations eventually(?), given time and "random chance".

When I visited Sweden, you know your life was awesome for the few days I was there.
Big Grin

03-31-2013, 08:04 AM
Find