Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Half life 2 mod
Storfigge Offline

Threads: 31
Question  Half life 2 mod

I've so far created one Amnesia CS and is currently working on my second one which is almost done. Before I started modding Amnesia I had no clue about programming, I've learned what I can here on this forum and the wiki page. I'm really enjoying making custom stories. Now I would like to know if any of you guys here on the forum has done any HL2 mods? Is it much more advanced than Amnesia or is i like "If you can do Amnesia mods you can do Half life mods". I would like to try making something with a bit of action.
I hope it's ok to ask about this here since this is an Amnesia forum and not a HL forum Tongue.

04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Half life 2 mod

(04-06-2013, 03:32 PM)Storfigge Wrote: I've so far created one Amnesia CS and is currently working on my second one which is almost done. Before I started modding Amnesia I had no clue about programming, I've learned what I can here on this forum and the wiki page. I'm really enjoying making custom stories. Now I would like to know if any of you guys here on the forum has done any HL2 mods? Is it much more advanced than Amnesia or is i like "If you can do Amnesia mods you can do Half life mods". I would like to try making something with a bit of action.
I hope it's ok to ask about this here since this is an Amnesia forum and not a HL forum Tongue.

I must admit it, the Source engine is an interesting engine with a lot of possibilities, although it's hard as fu**. Trust me, even knowing how to do stuff in Amnesia, it's nothing compared to Source.

Looks good to make mods though, so go on if you want to do a mod! There's plenty of people out there who can help you Wink

I think this should be more in Off-Topic, just sayin'.

I'm doing something seemed: I'm trying to make models and stuff for TF2, to get some cash. Perhaps you could try from there Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Find
Storfigge Offline

Threads: 31

(04-06-2013, 10:48 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 03:32 PM)Storfigge Wrote: I've so far created one Amnesia CS and is currently working on my second one which is almost done. Before I started modding Amnesia I had no clue about programming, I've learned what I can here on this forum and the wiki page. I'm really enjoying making custom stories. Now I would like to know if any of you guys here on the forum has done any HL2 mods? Is it much more advanced than Amnesia or is i like "If you can do Amnesia mods you can do Half life mods". I would like to try making something with a bit of action.

I must admit it, the Source engine is an interesting engine with a lot of possibilities, although it's hard as fu**. Trust me, even knowing how to do stuff in Amnesia, it's nothing compared to Source.

Looks good to make mods though, so go on if you want to do a mod! There's plenty of people out there who can help you Wink

I think this should be more in Off-Topic, just sayin'.

I'm doing something seemed: I'm trying to make models and stuff for TF2, to get some cash. Perhaps you could try from there Smile

Ty for the answer! Yea I figured it would be really hard to work with Tongue most mods seem very advanced. Well I guess I'll stay with the HPL2 for now ^^
04-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Uuuh I wouldn't agree at all there, Hammer editing tools are easier to use than the HPL suite and instead of programming with angelscript you can make entire fully working levels using only entities and scripting them with trigger volumes and such, all of that can be done quickly and easily within the editor itself.

However compiling levels and error checking takes alot longer, aswell as implementing custom assets, I'd say knock yourself out! <3
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 09:59 AM by Traggey.)
04-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You could maybe import some items into amnesia and create an HL mod in amnesia. Not sure if it's possible, but you can always try! Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 10:51 AM by OriginalUsername.)
04-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(04-07-2013, 10:51 AM)Smoke Wrote: You could maybe import some items into amnesia and create an HL mod in amnesia. Not sure if it's possible, but you can always try! Smile

just curious, is this even allowed on the forum? I mean skashi gets completely bombed if people spot bioshock stuff in his...I dont even know what to call them.
04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(04-07-2013, 09:58 AM)Traggey Wrote: Uuuh I wouldn't agree at all there, Hammer editing tools are easier to use than the HPL suite and instead of programming with angelscript you can make entire fully working levels using only entities and scripting them with trigger volumes and such, all of that can be done quickly and easily within the editor itself.

However compiling levels and error checking takes alot longer, aswell as implementing custom assets, I'd say knock yourself out! <3

Well then it may be just me. I hate these tools because always that I try to make them work they crash, or I can't simply get the resources or well, there's always something. I tried once to open the authoring tools. I did it, but where the hell are the maps in? I dunno if I loaded one of them, everything was a wireframe, and I don't remain any beach tree in L4D2.

Quite confusing, in my opinion.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
04-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Find