Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What happens after death?
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: What happens after death?

Why not ask someone who died?

We can do that you know. It's not a new science.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
04-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(04-21-2013, 08:30 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: Why not ask someone who died?

We can do that you know. It's not a new science.

What asking a zombie? It is hard to define which has been dead or
unconscious.
04-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Here's a little test for those of you who believe in an afterlife:

If you can, drop your prior convictions and imagine you are hearing about an afterlife for the first time and someone is trying to convince you of its existence.

Facts:
  • Consciousness is a state of awareness which grants us the ability to perceive external objects which is impossible without a functional brain.
  • The material world as we know it is the only one we are able to perceive.
  • All living things go through a process whereby their organs, including brain, shut down known as death.
Evidence of afterlife:
  • Nothing conclusive. Some circumstantial evidence if you believe the various religious scriptures and anecdotes from people who claim to have had supernatural experiences.
Do you buy it?
04-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-21-2013, 08:27 PM)Bridge Wrote: Also directed at Dogfood. Your arguments all fall under the fallacy known as Argument from ignorance, which basically means arguing that a position is true because there is no proof that it is false. The same goes for saying that a position is false because there is no evidence that it is true.

it was a poor argument, i know. I cant come up with a clearer indication of what i mean due to my poor english.

So you are disapproving of what i say ? You think that it's a fact that nothing happens when you die ? btw i'm not putting words in your mouth, i'm trying to understand on what you were calling me out about. Because i have a feeling that i agree with your saying and it's just a misunderstanding

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-21-2013, 08:01 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 07:46 PM)Tiger Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 07:26 PM)Bridge Wrote: Without turning this into a hostile debate, the only correct answer is indeed "nothing".

Bridge, please don't use your opinions as facts.

What I think happens is probably just that everything goes black and it kind of is like sleeping; You cease to exist.

What I hope happens though, is that you get reincarnated into another world of some kind, still remembering what your previous life were like and that it continues doing that forever. Kind of like a game, You progress to new levels.

Interesting idea... Imagine if your next "level" would be Brennenburg Castle!

Not sure if mocking me for my "beliefs" or actually think it's interesting...

Bridge, there's no evidence that there is no afterlife nor is there any evidence that there isn't. Even though your argument that it's the one who claims something that should provide evidence is correct, you're derailing slightly; The thread was about what you think happens after death, not to debate whether the afterlife exists or not. If you want to add to the thread, just say what you think happen after death, whether it's nothing or there is an afterlife. Let people believe what they believe.
04-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

^ yeah, i'd avoid saying stuff like

It's only rational to think there's no afterlife
It's a fact that blablabla
It's obvious that xxxxx

that's the thing that leads to derailment or even worse, sparks a flamewar because it pisses off people that think differently.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(04-21-2013, 09:16 PM)Dogfood Wrote: ^ yeah, i'd avoid saying stuff like

It's obvious that xxxxx

that's the thing that leads to derailment or even worse, sparks a flamewar because it pisses off people that think differently.

yeah, exactly.
04-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I don't believe in afterlife, as in a life after death.

My brain tells me that there is nothing.
My heart hopes there will be... (Oh I'm so cliché)

What is hard for me to understand isn't after death, but death itself.

Will you be at full conscious when you die? Will you be able to feel when it happens?
Will it be cold? Warm? Is it a tunnel of life? Is it a flash like when you pull out the electricity-plug of a tv, and then nothing? Or will you never be able to notice this nothing?

The last thing is probably the right thing.
You will never be able to notice, see, feel, experience this nothing. You will never know that there is this nothing, because you simply don't exist. Your brain doesn't work, so there's no way to tell.
Even the dead doesn't know what death is, because they were not able to.

And really? Communicating with the dead?
Playing the "ghost in the glass"-game has always been so suspicious to me...
I really want to put a sensor on every finger that is on the glass, and it shall beep if anyone are moving the glass with their finger, because it is, really, impossible that a ghost could be moving it.

No war Smile Only my opinion

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 09:37 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
04-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-21-2013, 09:00 PM)Dogfood Wrote: So you are disapproving of what i say ? You think that it's a fact that nothing happens when you die ? btw i'm not putting words in your mouth, i'm trying to understand on what you were calling me out about. Because i have a feeling that i agree with your saying and it's just a misunderstanding

It's not a fact, but there is not sufficient evidence to suggest any other theory is true. Being the default position, one must therefore assume it to be true.

(04-21-2013, 09:16 PM)Dogfood Wrote: ^ yeah, i'd avoid saying stuff like

It's obvious that xxxxx

If you want me to not be belligerent, I can't do that. I expect people to back up their statements with evidence and if they cannot do that I get apprehensive.

The point is: there is no evidence that suggest an afterlife exists, and there is strong circumstantial evidence to suggest that the idea was created because people are afraid to die. It is illogical to believe in it.
04-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

I fully agree with what beekayk said.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 09:46 PM by Tiger.)
04-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Find