Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Texturing a custom terrain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Texturing a custom terrain

Quote: But just as a side note, if I stretch the UV map, it looks better in maya but then it looks worse in the game.
That's a rather vague description... how exactly does it look "worse"? More blurry? stretched unevenly? Too much tiling/repetition visible? Moiré-artifacts? Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 03:10 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

(04-27-2013, 03:10 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: But just as a side note, if I stretch the UV map, it looks better in maya but then it looks worse in the game.
That's a rather vague description... how exactly does it look "worse"? More blurry? stretched unevenly? Too much tiling/repetition visible? Moiré-artifacts? Smile

I mean that it looks more similar to actual grass but the texture looks really bad, but it doesn't matter as I deleted it already and started working with Acies' tutorial.
04-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Find
JonnyAnomaly Offline

Threads: 20

Meshlab's automatic retopology works well with things like rocks and stuff, so that might be worth a go for simplifying a terrain. Once you import a high poly mesh, go to Filter> Remeshing, Simplification and Reconstruction> Quadric Edge Collapse Decimation. Then just set the target number of tri's you want, and click OK.

http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM by JonnyAnomaly.)
04-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Find