Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help! This game is too sick!
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Help! This game is too sick!

(04-27-2013, 04:09 PM)Googolplex Wrote: you should forget about fun in video games

[Image: FR84dWE.gif]
04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: you should forget about fun in video games,
Goddamnit, I've been playing video games wrong my entire life then. FUCK!

@OP: Later in the game for me, it actually did get easier to play. Because:

Spoiler below!

The frequent monster encounters later actually gave me an adrenaline rush that overpowered my fear, so I was able to roleplay as a splinter cell character rather than a scared shitless one.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 04:55 PM by Ghieri.)
04-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

Threads: 0

Remember not to actually look at the monsters for too long also, as it drains your sanity. I see so many newbies making that mistake on YouTube.
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Find
Zeatrix Offline

Threads: 1

It's fun to watch how many people I actually managed to offend Big Grin But that's alright!

Thanks a lot for the feedback so far, greatly appreciated! I'm gonna' give it a go later today =)
04-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

Here's a tip for puzzles - when in doubt, throw a rock at it. This will likely save you a lot of frustration.

(04-27-2013, 03:55 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 02:13 PM)Zeatrix Wrote: So I installed it and got started, and I barely reached 20 minutes into the game before I was pissing myself.

[Image: Notthisagain.jpg]

Why the snark?
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM by rtjhbfvsrry.)
04-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Here are just some tips.

Tip 1
Don't look monsters in the eye; you'll drain your sanity that way.

Tip 2
Stay in the dark if there's a monster in the area. It's fine to lose some sanity rather than have to restart a level.

Tip 3
Hide in closets, barrels, and chairs. Just make sure you are NOT seen-able from either sides.

Tip 4
When a monster is in the vicinity, some music will play. Listen to this. If said music is gone then the monster is away.

Tip 5
NEVER EVER turn on a lantern if you're hiding or running from a monster. This makes you illuminated, therefore, easier to see.

Tip 6
Hiding when there's a monster IS THE BEST idea ever. Look at Tip 2.

Tip 7
If a monster saw you, a blaring sound will be heard. This means that a monster has spotted you and WILL begin the chase. You're only allowed to run, as hiding while it's still blaring means you died.

Tip 8 (NOTE: This is an extra tip for Tip 7)
When you're being chased by a monster, and you enter a room, close the door leading to that room (if there is any.) and put anything you'd find in front of the door.

Hope this helps you play Amnesia. Amnesia is meant for you to experience the fear, not winning it.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

stop giving him tips dammit! Tongue i know it sounds rude but we're actually spoiling the game for him. Let him be scared, let him be afraid of the unknown.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Little tip that one might find useful (albeit obvious):

Spoiler below!
If you believe there's a monster about, be very wary of where you step, and what you do. Like in real life (sub-tip 1: Don't underestimate the AI of the monsters if they're nearby), if you knock a bottle over, if you drop the book you're carrying, if you jump off of a pile of crates, the monster will more often than not hear you, and walk right over to your position. You'll usually be able to tell if they are, as they're make a rather loud groan in response.

Tip 2 (I guess I lied when referring to tip in the singular):
As mentioned earlier, take note of music and sound cues. After toying around with the various monsters, you'll be able to discern the distinct sounds they make, and their respective soundtracks. Soundtracks play a large role in the monsters' appearances, you should tell if there's a sudden change in the musics' 'feel', which will usually mean that the track switched to one that reflects the monsters' 'mood'. There are 3 each for the monsters of the game, there's one for idling, searching, and attacking. Searching music generally plays when the monster is looking for you, such as making a mistake related to tip 1. Also, the monsters tend to be a bit noisy, it's not very common for them to be silently stalking around a corner. There's one monster in the game in particular that makes a VERY distinct noise when it moves about, you'll be able to usually tell how far it is.
There is also one more track that will be hell to you. If you hear it, and you most definitely will in the game, run. I will only say that it's hair-raising, and the only term I can describe the sound with is 'table saw'.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 02:58 AM by Potato.)
04-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-27-2013, 04:09 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Amnesia is one of the best true horror games.
This game will paranoia your head.

Amnesia is not fun, you should forget about fun in video games, Amnesia is a true horror experience where fear really works!

It's called "The Dark Descent" what means it will be a very dark journey into human evil.

You should play this game focus on story and atmosphere.
And take a look of the next sequel "Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs" and the "Penumbra Collection".

Thank you for being the only logic thinker on this forum! Yes I too am the sickened of american teenage CoD casuals and am wanting hardcore of the truest difficult games. Amnesia is the only immersive real horror game left, except for the penumbra maybe. but, think penumbra is better because it has more logic puzzles. Both games are the perfect work and frictional games are the only hardcore immersive puzzle developers left that deliver to the niche german people for the hardcore gothic 2 witcher puzzle guys.

right

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 09:53 AM by Kman.)
04-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Website Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Here's a good tip: When you don't know how to solve the puzzle, check the answer from walkthrough and think
Spoiler below!
man, how logic it is!
. Man, how immersing is that!
04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Find