Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Astraphobia (FULL)
Cyphermur9t Offline

Threads: 17
Astraphobia (FULL)

Astraphobia:
The fear of thunder & lightning.

Description:
Set in the late 1980's, Dante and his younger sister are artifact collectors. After going through their family history, they realize they were part of a powerful hierarchy a few centuries ago.

Curious of his ancestral roots, he wishes to search the castle once owned by their early family. He delays the expedition on account of weather as Dante has Astrapophobia (fear of thunder and lightning). However his rambunctious persistent younger sister, Emma, goes on the search without him.

Fearful for his sisters well-being, he goes on search for his sister, and discovers an uncomfortable history of his family while dealing with his fear of furious storms.

------------------------

Purpose:
This is an Amnesia CS I have made for the purpose of 'showing off' my game design qualities to my school I attend. I am taking the course of Game Development. So this is my game which took roughly just over a month to create.

------------------------

Note: This game has some custom features within it which need to be added to your files in your original Amnesia folders. They're pretty much all located in the same area and it's extremely simple and quick. Just read the txt file included which explains everything. This is much easier and smaller than a full conversion mod.

DOWNLOAD:
CLICK

Includes:
- Custom music
- Custom sounds
- Custom entities
- Custom monsters
- Voices
- Around 30-60 mins gameplay depending how you play
- 2 endings

------------------------------------------------
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 07:50 AM by Cyphermur9t.)
04-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Astraphobia (FULL)

Sounds VERY interesting!!! Looking forward to playing!

04-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

Does it has Cheapscares?
04-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Finished it now,
My opinion is this :
Good:
Atmosphere was really nice!
Scripts : Ok , kinda normal key-door things.
Mapping : Good, not perfect cause i've seen a lot of amnesia maps\takes some stuff from the main game.
Sounds\music : good \ the voiceating was OK. you sounded a bit like you were bored Wink
Overall : 7½ \ 10
---
Bad.
Not really much but still some.
At some parts i didn't know what to do, ADD QUESTS.
Where was that crowbar for??? didn't use it the whole cs.
Story was like, HI-find your way to exit - i kill you... was OK but it didn't really fit.
Those penumbra monster you put in.... why? and what purpose..? they just stand there waiting.. that was a bit sad to me!
I was waiting for a sort of RUN LIKE HELL map , from a storm or lightining attack.. cause of some lightnings and your story name.
-
Liked it a lot!
Not a perfect story but with some small fixed this\you has a lot of potential.
Nice story, and i DO recommend to others!
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 03:20 PM by DnALANGE.)
04-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Find
zoomos Offline

After using the key on the red door in the castle, the game just freezes, have to force quit.

It might only be affecting mac version of the game.
04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Find
Cyphermur9t Offline

Threads: 17

I'm surprised there hasn't been a LP of this yet :S
06-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Find
nzim Offline

Threads: 0

Just finished it.
I think it is quite enjoyable so I'd give it a 9/10. Some major drawbacks for me was the total lack of hints. The only hint you get is when you need a key to unlock a door. In the last few minutes of the game if the player hasn't been playing other CS they wouldn't know what to do with the bucket - how to fill it or what to do when it is filled.
Other than that I think the CS is really well made. Sounds and music were nice, the monsters were scary enough. Maybe the water monster wasn't vicious enough although I don't find this personally a bad side Big Grin
I really advise you to make a small patch fixing these "problems" - the lack of hints. I think for some players it would be essential to know what to do in the
Spoiler below!
sewers when you can't reach the ladder or what to do with the stuck lever
And another thing which I found quite strange - in the inventory a flashlight and batteries were present but I never figured out how to use the flashlight - it always showed me the lantern. And using the batteries I fueled the lantern. Don't know if a bug or not but it was worth mentioning Big Grin
06-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Find
hsweezy Offline

This looks like a Great custom story! I'm downloading it rightnow and I'll come back with the review Wink
08-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

Downloading it now. Looks great!

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
08-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

I pick up the flashlight and batteries, they're in my inventory. I turn it on, and instead it comes up with the lantern. I check my inventory again, still a flashlight picture. Is that supposed to happen? Huh

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
08-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Find