Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtf is wrong with this texture?
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Wtf is wrong with this texture?

Statyk, i've tried surrounding the area with planes but it still doesn't work. I'll have to think in another way to make it look like the bottom of the sea if this doesn't work. :/

05-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

In all honesty, I suggest just removing the water planes. I mean, when you wear goggles in a swimming pool, it's clear, isn't it? There are no waves in front of your eyes.
05-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yeah I don't quite get either why there would be a water surface behind the glass... I mean, it's a window underwater, not the stargate! Big Grin I think I'd just put some thick, greenish fog and slow moving particle effects there, kinda like dust floating in murky water... maybe some animated seaweed if that's possible.

You could also add some particle effects to the glass, to make it look like it's leaking. Have water drop down somewhere or splash into the room all bioshock-style...
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
05-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(05-02-2013, 10:24 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah I don't quite get either why there would be a water surface behind the glass... I mean, it's a window underwater, not the stargate! Big Grin I think I'd just put some thick, greenish fog and slow moving particle effects there, kinda like dust floating in murky water... maybe some animated seaweed if that's possible.

You could also add some particle effects to the glass, to make it look like it's leaking. Have water drop down somewhere or splash into the room all bioshock-style...
me gusta

05-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24

(05-02-2013, 05:33 AM)Statyk Wrote: In all honesty, I suggest just removing the water planes. I mean, when you wear goggles in a swimming pool, it's clear, isn't it? There are no waves in front of your eyes.
It's a little weird, but it's the only way i found out to make a sea. haha

(05-02-2013, 10:24 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah I don't quite get either why there would be a water surface behind the glass... I mean, it's a window underwater, not the stargate! Big Grin I think I'd just put some thick, greenish fog and slow moving particle effects there, kinda like dust floating in murky water... maybe some animated seaweed if that's possible.

I will try doing this, Hirnwirbel. I hope it works >_>
By the way, i've listened the songs you suggested, you have a good musical taste. Danke! haha

GUYS, the fog thing worked! Thank you very much Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013, 03:02 PM by str4wberrypanic.)
05-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Find