Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

Well, looks like I've joined the ''I've had a dream about AAMPF last night'' club. It was quite intense and really looked like Amnesia for awhile, but then I've acquired a machine gun and started shredding my way through hordes of bipedal pigs with pointy fangs. In my dreams I even went to Frictional forums on this very topic to share my opinion. Eh, silly dreams..This was probably induced by playing Metro:Last Light last few days.
05-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

With regards to the interview I posted I don't know if TCR is to blame for the lack of a second half. The final paragraph reads:

Quote:Check back soon for the full interview, in which we discuss everything from how thechineseroom’s adding new elements of horror to the mix, to Frictional’s involvement in the process, to mysterious new developments with thechineseroom’s other game, Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture. Also, the whole interview was haunted. No, seriously. You’ll see what I mean. Probably.

It sounds like the entire interview is already done, but they just haven't posted the second part yet. RPS is procrastinating, not TCR.

I wonder if they're holding onto the second part of the interview until closer to the release date or something.

EDIT: The list of potential winners in the release date competition is getting pretty slim:

Apjjm: June 4th
Macgyverthehero: June 19th
Sampyli: June 26th
Khyrpa: June 20th
Your Computer: August 8th

If the game comes out in, say, September will Your Computer win because he was the closest to the correct date? I think he should.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2013, 10:09 AM by Paddy™.)
05-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

These do not count for obvious reasons. It is said at that old topic.
05-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Find
fancreeper Offline

Threads: 3

At this pont i think they should just release the game.If they announced the release date now,I think i couldn't handle waiting for it.Just my opinion ...

Steam ID: fancreeper
05-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

I just wish they would stop messing us about with their little teases and instead release some solid information - dangling a carrot in front of your potential customers noses can only go on for so long before those customers get bloody annoyed (which is what is happening now).
05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

(05-21-2013, 02:09 PM)fancreeper Wrote: At this pont i think they should just release the game.If they announced the release date now,I think i couldn't handle waiting for it.Just my opinion ...

That'll screw up their marketing. There would be far more income for them if they gave a release date first. And they most likely will.

If there's no news until the beginning of June, I'm just going to guess they'll release it this fall.

05-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Find
ReadingNotAllowed Offline

Threads: 6

(05-21-2013, 02:09 PM)fancreeper Wrote: At this pont i think they should just release the game.If they announced the release date now,I think i couldn't handle waiting for it.Just my opinion ...

They can't just release an unfinished game Tongue

Better to have a story and end it, then to never realise it has begun...

- Red
05-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(05-21-2013, 02:16 PM)Ossie Wrote: I just wish they would stop messing us about with their little teases and instead release some solid information - dangling a carrot in front of your potential customers noses can only go on for so long before those customers get bloody annoyed (which is what is happening now).

Wow, not so long ago I was just imagining the fans as donkey's and Frictional Games strapped a fishing rod to our back and put a carrot on the end of it. :L But yeah it's a bit annoying - by the end of it we'll decipher all their little teasers and figure out what the game is about and end up being disappointed, already I think we have learned a fair bit about the plot.

I think I speak for most of us when I say that I'm done with teasers; I would like substantial news or something that will give me hope that this game is going somewhere. The fact that I see more tweets about devs playing games than I see them posting some ground breaking news on their own game really makes me question what their games current status is right now and I'm not saying that the devs aren't allowed to play other games but if you keep an eye on Twitter you'll see what I mean.
05-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

(05-20-2013, 07:14 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 07:58 AM)AdamD Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 09:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 07:49 PM)BAndrew Wrote: WTF? What's going on here?

[img/]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ur9rlz.jpg[/img]

Hope it's not trolling

Άγριο τρολάρισμα, don't worry! Το ξέρουν ότι βλέπουμε τα tweets τους οπότε δεν χάνουν ευκαιρία. Smile

"Wild trolling, don´t worry! They know you see their tweets, so they don´t lose any opportunity".

The picture has greek so why not this one time! And the correct translation is:

"Crazy trolling, don't worry. They know that we watch their tweets so they don't waste any chances."

Bah, almost the same meaning... And think that I had to translate it twice Sad (Greek to Spanish, Spanish to English...)

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

It's funny how some people dream about this game and saying that it was released and beyond shit, but i barley think it will be either released in may OR june. we just have to be patience even tough its still been months and years i still got my patience.
05-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Find