Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
Magnum66 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

(08-14-2013, 03:27 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Can we just got back to speculating instead of discussing about Outlast? That'd be great.

Also for you impatient fans, you guys need to take a plane ticket and go somewhere else. Go to the other sections! Off-Topic's really good. Or maybe help some guys at the Development Support?
At least you won't have to wait and whine about it's so long.

I think all of us are impatient fans if we are highly anticipating the game to be honest. If you aren't anticipating this game greatly and constantly coming here for any/some new news, it's hard to say you're a fan. I get where you're coming from though. I'm not quite sure why people are discussing outlast in this section of the forum, but it's not too destructive. Also it's not like us really looking forward to the game and want news, just going to the off topic section of the forum isn't going to necessarily solve that problem. Just because we're posting somewhere else doesn't mean all of a sudden we've forgotten about AAMFP anymore and we don't care how long it's being delayed. No matter what happens the longer we have no news, the more I die a little inside. Wink

Patiently awaiting Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...
08-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

Threads: 0

I think a lot of people scare too easily and a lot of games exploit that to make money. Outlast looks set to be the next example.

I have no respect for jumpscare horror because there is no creativity behind it. Anyone can do it. Some random 10 year old kid could make a custom story full of loud jumpscares. It's not exactly difficult.

Genuine horror requires imagination.

Also people are talking about Outlast because it is AMFP's main contender.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 04:57 PM by The Raining Brains.)
08-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I love that no one actually noticed my post.

EDIT: Nevermind this post.

(08-14-2013, 04:33 PM)Magnum66 Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:27 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Can we just got back to speculating instead of discussing about Outlast? That'd be great.

Also for you impatient fans, you guys need to take a plane ticket and go somewhere else. Go to the other sections! Off-Topic's really good. Or maybe help some guys at the Development Support?
At least you won't have to wait and whine about it's so long.

I think all of us are impatient fans if we are highly anticipating the game to be honest. If you aren't anticipating this game greatly and constantly coming here for any/some new news, it's hard to say you're a fan. I get where you're coming from though. I'm not quite sure why people are discussing outlast in this section of the forum, but it's not too destructive. Also it's not like us really looking forward to the game and want news, just going to the off topic section of the forum isn't going to necessarily solve that problem. Just because we're posting somewhere else doesn't mean all of a sudden we've forgotten about AAMFP anymore and we don't care how long it's being delayed. No matter what happens the longer we have no news, the more I die a little inside. Wink

To be honest I came here to check if there's any new info AND to check the newest post. Because why not?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 04:38 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
08-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

(08-14-2013, 04:20 PM)zarathustra Wrote: in all objectivity. Outlast looked fantastic. graphically and atmospherically they are (redbarrels) pulling together what looks like a very promising game. Lets hope they deliver on those promises ;p
as for aamfp?? outlast is its only major competitor really.
Come to think of it. they would want to release aamfp around the same time as outlast.... hmmmm....
thougt?

I agree. I think Outlast will be a great horror game and a big competitor However, Amnesia gained many fans (because of let's player's) and is well known for It's perfect use of horror/atmosphere and it's terrifying events. I'm sure everyone will lose their mind when the release date is known. The only thing I'm worried about is the price. If Outlast is as cheap as Amnesia then I'm not really sure what will happen.

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 05:55 PM by Plectrum61.)
08-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(08-14-2013, 04:40 PM)Plectrum61 Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 04:20 PM)zarathustra Wrote: in all objectivity. Outlast looked fantastic. graphically and atmospherically they are (redbarrels) pulling together what looks like a very promising game. Lets hope they deliver on those promises ;p
as for aamfp?? outlast is its only major competitor really.
Come to think of it. they would want to release aamfp around the same time as outlast.... hmmmm....
thougt?

I agree. I think Outlast will be a great horror game and a big competitor However, Amnesia gained many fans (because of let's player's) and is well known for It's perfect use of horror/atmosphere and it's terrifying events. I'm sure everyone will lose their mind when the release date is known. The only thing I'm worried about is the price. If Outlast is as cheap as Amnesia then I'm not really sure what will happen.
Amnesia price will be 20 dollar as far as we know so it'll be fine.
For the true fans out there the price of the game isn't really that big a deal.
As I said before I'll probably get both.
08-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
zarathustra Offline

MONTREAL — July 24, 2013 [/b]– Red Barrels announced today that its darkest brainchild, survival horror experience Outlast, will be available on September 4, 2013 for digital download on Steam for $19.99.

Of course they are going 19.99$
They would need to if they wanted to even come close to outselling amnesia on PC.
Having the added platform of PS4 is a bonus for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the price on console Big Grin hahah, Truth be told.... I'm MORE excited for this game as of right now. Its tangible. Its within reach.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 06:25 PM by zarathustra.)
08-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

Outlast, will be available on torrents on September 5 or 6, 2013 for digital download.

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
08-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Website Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

The chinese room tweeted this:To be REALLY CLEAR about this: if you are waiting for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs release info, follow @frictionalgames. It's their call.
08-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(08-14-2013, 06:24 PM)zarathustra Wrote: MONTREAL — July 24, 2013 [/b]– Red Barrels announced today that its darkest brainchild, survival horror experience Outlast, will be available on September 4, 2013 for digital download on Steam for $19.99.

Of course they are going 19.99$
They would need to if they wanted to even come close to outselling amnesia on PC.
Having the added platform of PS4 is a bonus for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the price on console Big Grin hahah, Truth be told.... I'm MORE excited for this game as of right now. Its tangible. Its within reach.
I wouldn't go as far as saying that horror belongs on consoles but it surely is possible.

A panel with good blacks is certainly a good idea something most TV panels lack due to the massive amount of back light. (VA panels with a low amount of back light would do actually better than IPS screens in terms of blacks)
08-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Not sure why people think Outlast is the "main competitor" for AAMFP. There's a lot more stuff coming out than people seem to realize.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/09/t...es-of-2013

http://survivalhorroronline.com/2013/07/...-and-2014/

If anything, I'd be looking more at Among the Sleep, backed 'em on Kickstarter and am immensely pleased with the free alpha they put out (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kril...sts/480797). This looks way better than Outlast, imo.

Also, shouldn't we be more supportive of other indie (purist) survival horror games coming out? It seems people used to complain about not enough of these games until Slender/Amnesia came out, and now we're inundated with them. Shouldn't we be happy about Outlast and all these other obviously Amnesia-inspired games rather than skeptical? Does Amnesia have to be the only survival horror franchise out there? I don't see what the big deal is with this game.
08-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Find