Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
Plectrum61 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

(08-14-2013, 09:04 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 08:35 PM)lazz3r Wrote: Sorry for off-topic, but I think removing custom stories feature is like shooting their own foots. Custom stories were the most important part of Amnesia success. If there will be no way to mod this game, it will be a game to complete it once and then to remove it from hard drive. I hope FG/TCR crews are just kidding.

Yes, a feature that was created in less than a day was obviously the most important one and the only reason it got so famous. Who cares about the sound design, level design, atmosphere or horror? Also, I have repleyed the original campaign several times.

I played the main campaign three times. I tried a few custom stories because I knew all the scripted events of the solo campaign. Unfortunately I only found two actual good stories. I'm not against let's player's but many fans made these 'Jumpscares -custom stories' with teleporting naked guys in the spotlight to make their idol scream. So after the sixth jumpscares-story in a row I didn't even bother to search for another one. Sure there are more awesome stories but nothing beats the good ol'
solo campaign. So I really don't care if they don't have that feature. However for those who like to make stories it would be a bummer.

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
08-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

(08-14-2013, 08:56 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: And you know this based on what, the one cgi trailer they've released?

Actually there is already a fair amount of gameplay footage on YouTube, including the dreaded PewDiePie playthrough. I know he tends to massacre whatever game he plays, but that's not enough to disguise how disappointingly unscary the game looks.

If the game does turn out to be good, then they've done a poor job advertising it at the very least. The trailers for TDD, AMFP, Among the Sleep and Routine were all suitably scary. Outlast's, on the other hand, just screams cliche at every corner.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 09:36 PM by The Raining Brains.)
08-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-14-2013, 01:29 PM)droog Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 01:25 PM)Respekt Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 01:10 PM)droog Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 01:04 PM)zarathustra Wrote: also @DROOG yes outlast could be very buggy and/or terrible ;p (i hope not) in which case redbarrel(they made outlast) could definitely take a lesson from frictional... I was mainly talking about giving the whole giving us a release date thing

But why do you need the exact date? Frictional said "end of summer" which is the 22. September. Take this as the possible date with the additional option, that it could be earlier.
Just wait for the beginning of september and I am pretty sure we get more information. Smile
I do not know who told you that on September 22 it's the end of the summer? Throughout the world, the last month of summer - August ...

Jens, please explain to us what month you mean by the "end of summer"?

Since FG is from sweden, I would say they meant "end of summer" in their region, which is the "September 22, 4:44 P.M. EDT".

http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons

What if Jen mentioned actual release date indirectly but no one noticed that? It is definitely not going to be released in August, nobody gives out release date when it is almost half of the month passed. So it is clearly will be September.
Think about it. He used words "end of summer". What if he meant actual end of summer by the calendar? September 22.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 09:40 PM by Kein.)
08-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Find
Boogaloo Offline

Hey guys, i'm just so excited to play AAMFP. Smile
08-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

Can't wait to sit in a dark corner for hours until the monster with it's new AI outsmarts me. Speaking of new AI, perhaps the monster can smell you?

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
08-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Find
Respekt Offline

(08-15-2013, 09:13 AM)Plectrum61 Wrote: Can't wait to sit in a dark corner for hours until the monster with it's new AI outsmarts me. Speaking of new AI, perhaps the monster can smell you?
Monsters became smarter and they hunt on the sound ...

I also suspect that they were trained to to open the closets! It would be great!
08-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Find
zarathustra Offline

just give me aamfp frictional.
Without me you are nothing... without you I am nothing.
Lets work together, stop fucking us around and give us a release date. In turn I give you money. Its fairly synergistic when you hold up your end of the bargain, ok?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
you don't owe me anything? is that how you treat the people who MAKE YOU?!??!? fine... so be it....
you leave me no choice......
kick....ass....torrents....dot.....com
and thus frictional games was...no more....
MHAUAHHAHAHA
(this is a parody)
08-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Find
Respekt Offline

(08-15-2013, 01:06 PM)Lama Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 01:00 PM)Respekt Wrote: I propose to make bets: when will come the news?

I put on the following Monday. Exactly six months, as the game is at FG

Your thoughts?

You know, it's very hard to predict the exact date without any data. It's just guessing.
Well, of course. It's difficult, but you can imagine. It is obvious that this week will not have anything, but we have two more weeks until the end of August.

Maybe soon there will be some major gaming event, due to which they will be pleased with us?
08-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(08-15-2013, 01:01 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 12:06 PM)Chieftain1 Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 11:31 AM)zarathustra Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 11:26 AM)Chieftain1 Wrote: You didn't have to snap at him and tell him to shut the fuck up.

quick! someone call the WAAAAHHHHHHmbulance ! Big Grin.

Well it's true.JustAnotherPlayer was telling everyone that the thread has derailed and get it back on topic and then Raining brains unnecessarily snapped.

Thank you for standing up for me.
As I said, this thread's getting really out of hand here! We need to go back On-Topic, or some mod's going to lock this one just like the first AAMFP discussion thread!

Your welcome dude Smile.Yeah this thread is getting out of control. Fights are happening more often .
08-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(08-15-2013, 02:00 PM)a butterfly Wrote: what does a giant red heart have anything to do with a game company intentionally holding back their game and angering their customers?

I believe Frictional Games are doing their best to give us a great game.
Considering the fantastic games they've released in the past, you should at least try to have some faith in them, and show a little love and respect for their work.

08-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Find