Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
zarathustra Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

an exact date is a very nice placebo medication for the masses looking forward to AAMFP. Whether you acknowledge it or not.
Instead of discussing how many delays we've had to endure, how long this process is dragging out or how little frictional is giving us in terms of info. We can discuss how extremely excited we are for X date that aamfp is scheduled for.
I for one prescribe to that placebo ;p
08-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(08-14-2013, 12:44 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 12:30 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: I a horror game is backed by the masses then it might not be very good.

God forbid any horror game to be ever liked by the masses cause that's a death sentence right there am i rite?
Might is the lowest chance indicator in the English language I've watched the trailer and I think it is more about running around like an idiot being chased in an asylum than about true horror.

Well it all rather depends on if you find jump scare games to be "Good horror" if you did then Outlast will probably be a good game for you.
I'm going to get it or at least play the demo since this is just what I think is going to happen but you get my point right?
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 02:20 PM by maarten12100.)
08-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Find
zarathustra Offline

(08-14-2013, 12:30 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: Might is the lowest chance indicator in the English language I've watched the trailer and I think it is more about running around like an idiot being chased in an asylum than about true horror.
I'm sorry but your opinion means very little to what the truth of the outcome of outlast "could" be.
I say that with all due respect.
Big Grin
08-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

(08-14-2013, 12:08 PM)zarathustra Wrote: If outlast comes out before AAMFP........
they already gave us a date by the way..... sept fourth!
Maybe frictional could take a damn lesson from them

Outlast is an imitator, Amnesia is an innovator. Innovation takes time.
08-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Find
zarathustra Offline

(08-14-2013, 02:27 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 12:08 PM)zarathustra Wrote: If outlast comes out before AAMFP........

A:TDD was innovative. To say AAMFP is going to be innovative or as innovative is a bit preemptive isn't it?
Judging solely on there track record however I can say the assumption isn't completely baseless. Just presumptuous.
08-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Find
joshin u Offline

Threads: 1

I have to roll my eyes at those of you saying, "why are you so impatient? They said the end of summer and that isn't until September!"

Yes, you are correct, the season of summer isn't over till September. However, Jens spoke of it as, "enjoy your summer and it'll be out by the end". This implies he meant summer as in summer BREAK (for those of the fanbase still in school). There is nothing significant about the end of the season of summer, whereas the end of summer break is a transition from play to work for at least two-thirds of the fanbase. It makes perfect sense to expect some information mid-August, regardless of what Jens actually "meant", because school should be looming within a week or two for those fans. In any case, I still think a less vague release date would excellently serve as some opiate for the less patient fans, and makes sense from a hype machine perspective.

Also, as to "Outlast", don't just throw out the idea because its "mainstream". Don't be so elitist. The trailer was creepy, the game has a shot at being creepy as well.
08-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Can we just got back to speculating instead of discussing about Outlast? That'd be great.

Also for you impatient fans, you guys need to take a plane ticket and go somewhere else. Go to the other sections! Off-Topic's really good. Or maybe help some guys at the Development Support?
At least you won't have to wait and whine about it's so long.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(08-14-2013, 02:27 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote:

These are different genres. One is psychological horror, the other is (basically) jumpscary actual horror. Instead of comparing these two games, you should compare the two genres (somewhere else of course).
08-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Find
Rederkki Offline

(08-14-2013, 03:24 PM)joshin u Wrote: I have to roll my eyes at those of you saying, "why are you so impatient? They said the end of summer and that isn't until September!"

Yes, you are correct, the season of summer isn't over till September. However, Jens spoke of it as, "enjoy your summer and it'll be out by the end". This implies he meant summer as in summer BREAK (for those of the fanbase still in school). There is nothing significant about the end of the season of summer, whereas the end of summer break is a transition from play to work for at least two-thirds of the fanbase. It makes perfect sense to expect some information mid-August, regardless of what Jens actually "meant", because school should be looming within a week or two for those fans. In any case, I still think a less vague release date would excellently serve as some opiate for the less patient fans, and makes sense from a hype machine perspective.

Also, as to "Outlast", don't just throw out the idea because its "mainstream". Don't be so elitist. The trailer was creepy, the game has a shot at being creepy as well.
I agree :| When summer break was over, and AAMFP still wasn't released, i felt like i had a wet f*** slapped in my face.

And this little piggy went wee wee wee wee wee..
08-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Find
zarathustra Offline

in all objectivity. Outlast looked fantastic. graphically and atmospherically they are (redbarrels) pulling together what looks like a very promising game. Lets hope they deliver on those promises ;p
as for aamfp?? outlast is its only major competitor really.
Come to think of it. they would want to release aamfp around the same time as outlast.... hmmmm....
thoughts?
08-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Find