Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Serial Number
ccisler Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Serial Number

I can not locate the serial number reqested at startup of the program.
Can someone tell me where it's located on the packageing.
I have a PC version of Penumbra: Overture Episode 1.
07-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Find
juarola Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Serial Number

I'm having the same problem. Game is bought from Play.com - almost immediately when retail sales began. Just downloaded the latest update and after installing the patch and running the game, i should insert a serial key. There's no code to be found in the case, manual or cd. What am i missing here? Without the patch there was no nag about the code.
07-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

So you got the Boxed Version????

hmmm, If you downloaded the game, you're looking for a confirmation email or a receipt which might be from either frictional (if you got the game from them) or gamergate etc.

As for the boxed version, i'm not sure if you can uninstall the patch, but look on either the back/ bottom of the box, sides of the cd (small print, i dunno) or.. the case. But it sounds like you've both already done that.

Orr, try uninstalling the whole game, removing all components, then re -installing.

or last ditch, Maybe you two should talk to the developers.

Not an image
07-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Find
cduvall7 Offline

Were you (or anyone else) able to resolve this issue? I just bought mine at a store (it also came in a box - but the only thing in the box was a sealed CD). I have not been able locate any sort of serial number any where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
10-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

What version of Penumbra is it? What publisher is it for the box? Did it require a serial out of the box or did you apply a patch to make it require a serial? Where did you get the patch from?
10-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Website Find
cduvall7 Offline

jens Wrote:What version of Penumbra is it? What publisher is it for the box? Did it require a serial out of the box or did you apply a patch to make it require a serial? Where did you get the patch from?

Okay. I think I figured it out. I uninstalled the whole thing, reinstalled, and DIDN'T load the patch. Strange that the patch would cause the serial number/activiation code request but what do I know. Anyway, seems to be working and so I'm excited about being scared. Thanks for the help...
10-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Find