Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Witcher 3
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: The Witcher 3

Gothic 1 is an unfinished game, still.
02-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-26-2015, 11:05 PM)Lazzer Wrote: Gothic 1 is an unfinished game, still.

Gothic 1 is the best game ever made and definitely not unfinished. It's like it should be. The design quality is the highest of every RPG.
02-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I believe you're talking about Final Fantasy 7.
02-26-2015, 11:23 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

For me it felt like beta. So much stuff left out, never finished. Gothic II and III are great though
02-26-2015, 11:23 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(02-26-2015, 11:23 PM)Traggey Wrote: I believe you're talking about Final Fantasy 7.

Meh, Final Fantasy is ridiculous. It's like Pokémon and all that asian smooch-fantasy.

(02-26-2015, 11:23 PM)Lazzer Wrote: For me it felt like beta. So much stuff left out, never finished. Gothic II and III are great though

Which stuff left out? For me there's everything in what's important and I am very pleased that it's not an other Skyrim where you have the choice between thousands of possibilities.
Less is often more.

Gothic II is also great. And Gothic III is even a very good game, but this is the only part that felt like a beta when it was released. But thanks god to the fantastic community which worked over 5 years on a patch to fix almost all bugs. Now Gothic III feels like a very polished game.

But Gothic 1 is still the best, because of the deep atmosphere, story and the best german voice actors (!!!). I know that the english version is not as good like the german original, because it is not from Piranha Bytes. And for this reason you may have a loss of atmosphere impact. The original voice acting is a major thing for the experience.

Gothic is decent and not jam-full with "features" like most high-fantasy RPGs. Maybe this is what you call unfinished.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015, 06:12 PM by Googolplex.)
02-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(02-27-2015, 06:03 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 11:23 PM)Traggey Wrote: I believe you're talking about Final Fantasy 7.

Meh, Final Fantasy is ridiculous. It's like Pokémon and all that asian smooch-fantasy.

(02-26-2015, 11:23 PM)Lazzer Wrote: For me it felt like beta. So much stuff left out, never finished. Gothic II and III are great though

Which stuff left out? For me there's everything in what's important and I am very pleased that it's not an other Skyrim where you have the choice between thousands of possibilities.
Less is often more.

Gothic II is also great. And Gothic III is even a very good game, but this is the only part that felt like a beta when it was released. But thanks god to the fantastic community which worked over 5 years on a patch to fix almost all bugs. Now Gothic III feels like a very polished game.

But Gothic 1 is still the best, because of the deep atmosphere, story and the best german voice actors (!!!). I know that the english version is not as good like the german original, because it is not from Piranha Bytes. And for this reason you may have a loss of atmosphere impact. The original voice acting is a major thing for the experience.

Gothic is decent and not jam-full with "features" like most high-fantasy RPGs. Maybe this is what you call unfinished.

Piranha is awesome, but Jowood ruined both game and company. Glad they managed to make Risen trilogy though, great games
02-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(02-27-2015, 10:21 PM)Lazzer Wrote: Piranha is awesome, but Jowood ruined both game and company. Glad they managed to make Risen trilogy though, great games

Yes, but Gothic II was also published by JoWooD and it was a brillant game. Gothic I was published by ShoeBox. But Gothic III got ruined by JoWooD, because they forced Piranha to release an unfinished game. One month before release the game was in alpha and hadn't even a save option. It was just extremely buggy. But the latest "community patch 1.75.14" polished the game like it was completely new developed.

After the dispute between JoWooD and Piranha, both companies terminated the cooperation. Piranha was now in the hands of DeepSilver who publishes the Risen series. And JoWooD hired a new developer studio for a further Gothic installment (Arcania: Gothic 4).

But I think that not only JoWooD ruined the series. Piranha Bytes also don't have the qualities anymore they early had. They are now more mainstream oriented. Tutorials were added in, the story got neglected and important design qualities from the first two Gothics becomes completely waived. Risen 3 is still a good game, but by far not as good as the old games by Piranha. Risen 3 also had the worst beginning I ever saw in a game.
You could mean this is no more Piranha Bytes!

The team also suspended good old workers and engage a couple of new people. And money is more important than 15 years ago, so they decided to dull down their games to make it more accessible for the mainstream. The old Gothic fans are disappointed.

But nevertheless they probably are still the best developer for RPGs.
I sometimes have the feeling that only CD-Projekt becomes now a bit better, but let's wait what The Witcher 3 really brings.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2015, 12:40 PM by Googolplex.)
02-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Find
stevewilliams Offline

Threads: 0

Wild Huntis amazing game as it dedicated to gamers who want more from physical box editions of games than just the disc and manual, containing premium items.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 06:02 AM by stevewilliams.)
03-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Still downloading the files. GOG Server broke the lines yesterday.
05-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Damn, the visual downgrade... Oh well, still getting the game. It's a shame though; now the atmospehere isn't what it was earlier, and I really liked the earlier.

Anyway, are the completions of Witcher 1 & 2 necessary to understand the going in the third? Or should I read the books instead?
05-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Find