Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Witcher 3
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: The Witcher 3

The visual downgrade isn't the problem. The graphics are pretty well, only the trees are low-res. The major problem is the gameplay. The tutorial is extremely frustrating and didn't work for me so that I had to load a previous savegame to skip it. I really don't understand how people can release such a bad designed game. Normally the goal of a tutorial is to make everyone familiar with the controls, but the exactly opposite happens here. After Risen 3 it's an other example why tutorials are some of the worst "features" of modern games and don't work at all. A game would be much easier without this useless hurdle of game-stopping, text-reading and key-pressing marathon!

And there are too many cut-scenes. You are jumping from scene to scene. The controls are very inaccessible and everything feels unpolished. It's designed like a casual RPG by people who don't know how immersion works.

I am disappointed of The Witcher 3. At least for now.
This game shows me again that the graphics are completely irrelevant. CD-Projekt better had to focus on the story and gameplay to guarantee a deep and solid RPG experience. Better play Gothic than this here. Even the controls are way more accessible in this old game! And there are absolutely no tutorials or explantations!!!

And yes, you need to play both predecessors to understand the story.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2015, 10:54 PM by Googolplex.)
05-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

I don't think the gameplay has been a strong aspect in any of the Witcher-games (based on Yahtzee's reviews). This goes for story and immersion as well, Yahtzee reported feeling bored in both predecessors.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
05-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(05-21-2015, 06:07 AM)i3670 Wrote: I don't think the gameplay has been a strong aspect in any of the Witcher-games (based on Yahtzee's reviews). This goes for story and immersion as well, Yahtzee reported feeling bored in both predecessors.

Story is good, but just high fantasy and nothing to esteem. I don't criticize the story, but the way how it's told. And how the controls are working in this game.
05-21-2015, 07:17 AM
Find