Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
The one-week Environment #1 (Closed!) Updated with screens on post #1
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: The one-week Environment #1 (Join!)

I'm a bit confused as to what's going on in the scene... It just looks like a couple of models were just thrown in randomly at the moment. I don't have a sense of coherency.
06-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(06-28-2013, 01:55 AM)Statyk Wrote: I'm a bit confused as to what's going on in the scene... It just looks like a couple of models were just thrown in randomly at the moment. I don't have a sense of coherency.
mm, I'll remove what isn't fitting.

I was thinking:
- Underground temple submerged in water
- Altar (with pighead - tribute to AMFP)
- Fungi etc. would probably grow well in the water/moist environment
- The crystals + floating "magical particles" could be interesting sources of light in an environment devoid of industrial lights

Perhaps I need to create a temple where the "god figurine creature" is standing - as that was what I was originally thinking. Stairs leading up to platform with pillars on it ([Image: temple%20inca.JPG]).

Edit: If you can give some input on what to "clear up" with the scene and what to remove/scrap/redo.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM by Acies.)
06-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-28-2013, 02:09 AM)Acies Wrote:
(06-28-2013, 01:55 AM)Statyk Wrote: I'm a bit confused as to what's going on in the scene... It just looks like a couple of models were just thrown in randomly at the moment. I don't have a sense of coherency.
mm, I'll remove what isn't fitting.

I was thinking:
- Underground temple submerged in water
- Altar (with pighead - tribute to AMFP)
- Fungi etc. would probably grow well in the water/moist environment
- The crystals + floating "magical particles" could be interesting sources of light in an environment devoid of industrial lights

Perhaps I need to create a temple where the "god figurine creature" is standing - as that was what I was originally thinking. Stairs leading up to platform with pillars on it ([Image: temple%20inca.JPG]).

Edit: If you can give some input on what to "clear up" with the scene and what to remove/scrap/redo.

That family at the bottom right was photoshopped.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-28-2013, 02:24 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Decided to start over( does not matter much that I will miss the deadline not a competition anyway)

Heres a pillar:
[Image: CB5LMNK.jpg]
06-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Find
JonnyAnomaly Offline

Threads: 20

Bit of a test of what I have so far, still need to do a lot to it

edit - Flies. Flies everywhere.

http://postimg.org/image/phkaos6in/full/

Acies, I think going further with the alien plant life could be cool, so its coming out the walls and stuff, and make that a dominant theme throughout. Is the water from the game? Looks really nice
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 05:20 PM by JonnyAnomaly.)
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(06-28-2013, 04:17 PM)JonnyAnomaly Wrote: Bit of a test of what I have so far, still need to do a lot to it

http://postimg.org/image/kw7xljvx5/full/

That's so pretty :O
06-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(06-28-2013, 04:17 PM)JonnyAnomaly Wrote: Bit of a test of what I have so far, still need to do a lot to it

Acies, I think going further with the alien plant life could be cool, so its coming out the walls and stuff, and make that a dominant theme throughout. Is the water from the game? Looks really nice
Oh my god that is amazing. Just sayin'.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
06-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Find
Exostalker Offline

Threads: 10

That is amazing!

06-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Nice setting :]

I'd love to see some sort of statues with blowpipes by the walls - as if they are traps. Also hanging plantlife from the upper sections of the walls + roof. Other than that I'd work on the falling water - hopefully one can discover a more beautiful falling water type; wheter it be a new texture or a new particle, possibly even a combination of the two.

As for the water I used I've uploaded it Big Grin So you can take that and go into the material editor - set it to "animate" move Y or something to get it moving. Then apply it on some geometry you create.

Good luck & nice work so far!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
JonnyAnomaly Offline

Threads: 20

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try and improve on those points.

Acies, thanks, I'll check out that water, it does look really nice! I had an idea to combine the falling water in my screenshot with the water drip particle, but modify it so its many drips falling at a much faster pace, that might "blend" in with the basic plane shape nicely. I'll have to try that out!

"So you can take that and go into the material editor - set it to "animate" move Y or something to get it moving. Then apply it on some geometry you create."

Ah, that must be how they create the water in Bioshock that runs down the stairs and things. Thats really cool, can do some really nice stuff that way I guess!
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 09:55 PM by JonnyAnomaly.)
06-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Find