Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Account banned for invalid reason.
restoreaccount Offline

Threads: 1
Account banned for invalid reason.

Hello, Wapez here.Today, Saturday June 29th, I got banned from the Frictional Games forums somewhere between 13:00 and 16:00. The information that I was provided with was:
"Your forum account is currently banned. Ban reason: Multiple Accounts: Zatchie, Jurasbatas, Wapez"
 Now the thing is, only the Wapez account is mine. Zatchie and Jurasbatas are my friends, working in the same developing team: http://www.frunkenproductions.com/
 I'm not sure what may have caused the moderator to believe all the accounts were mine, but I'm guessing it might be because our computers are currently connected to the same internet and router. If that's all it takes to ban three accounts, something is wrong.
It was also a huge pain in the ass to create this thread, since every computer connected to our internet is banned, and so is 2 of our phones. So I had to get Zatchie's phone, turn off wifi and register this account, and finally confirm the e-mail.
 We were having a LAN, working on our Full Conversion for Amnesia, and a big part of our work is about being active on the forums, to announce, discuss and help/get helped. This ban is going to be a major pushback for us, since even if we get back our accounts anytime soon, we couldn't access them during the time we needed them the most. During the LAN. We hope not only to get our accounts back, but also a clarification.
Thanks in advance,
- Wapez
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 05:59 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Account banned for invalid reason.

Mmm, so all three of you are always using the same IP? You have an office or something? If yes, you need to inform a mod or admin so that a note can be kept to not ban these three accounts even though it appears to be the same individual.

Phones? Your phones have nothing to do with the forum. If by phones you mean Wi-Fi and that your phones use the same IP at this forum (obviously your phone & internet is not blocked anywhere else) as well in some way, then yes.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 05:49 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I don't mean to criticize the way you do things (directed at the mods) but don't you usually issue bans for multiple accounts if they are created as a way to evade ongoing bans (ergo using a different IP address)? I can definitely understand sending a PM to get things cleared up, but worst case scenario Wapez is a schizo and taking up some minor forum space.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 05:52 PM by Bridge.)
06-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Fist of all, Wapez send me a pm to continue this discussion as these matters should no be posted at the forum. After the clarification, all three accounts are now restored and the warning was revoked.

Bridge: Having multiple accounts is not allowed at any forum the same way you can't walk the streets while having two or more identities (well unless you are CIA or a criminal! Tongue).

This topic will now be closed. Wapez, send a pm for further discussion/questions.
06-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Find