Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Game Suggestion Thread
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
The Game Suggestion Thread

Want to get a new game, not sure what to get? State what kind of game you'd like and have people suggest them to you.

Example
1: I'm looking for a survival game, kind of like minecraft or terraria.
2: [Quote ^] Try Don't Starve, it's different but follows a similar agenda.

I'm looking for something, RPG, Horror or Adventure - something with a lot of story, lore, something dark and gothic like Diablo or The Elder Scrolls.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013, 09:11 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
05-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The Game Suggestion Thread

Great idea.

Doesn't get much more gothic than Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. In fact, it fits all three of your criteria: RPG, horror and adventure. It's a great game. Other than that if you don't mind isometric Planescape: Torment and Fallout are both quite dark. Maybe check out the Thief series if you haven't played them, though they're not RPGs they have a ton of lore and are just excellent.

EDIT: I'm looking for a quality stealth game. I've played almost every stealth game there is, even the ones that just barely pass for stealth, so don't bother recommending the well-known ones like Splinter Cell and Thief. I'm not interested in 2D games but if you have any good isometric games like Jagged Alliance that are stealth based that's something I haven't looked into that much. But mainly 3rd person and 1st person games. Here are the stealth games I have played (this could also serve as a list of recs for people looking for stealth games:

Splinter Cell (entire series)
Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (can't get my hands on 4) - not really that stealth-based but they count
Thief (entire series)
Hitman (entire series)
Legacy of Kain 2: Blood Omen
Chronicles of Riddick (both games)
Prisoner of War
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Death to Spies
Dishonored
STALKER series (1 and 2)
Sniper Elite (kinda)
Velvet Assassin
And of course Penumbra/Amnesia

I didn't mention any RPGs because the stealth is usually not that prominent or if it is it is sometimes too generalized to be interesting. That being said the stealth in the Elder Scrolls games is very good. If you have any RPGs that do stealth just as well then I'd be interested for sure. Mainly though I'm interested in games that are pure stealth. I'm sure I forgot a few but these are are the main ones I've played.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM by Bridge.)
05-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Hey I'm looking for a sci fi/space ship related game either rts or action. Recommendations would be awesome!
05-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I want to play a JRPG that's really, really cheesy with an extremely linear plot, oversensational characters, and a storyline that will make me facepalm or headdesk at least three times from beginning to end.

Recommendations?

[Image: p229xcq]
05-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(05-26-2013, 10:13 PM)Bridge Wrote: Great idea.

Doesn't get much more gothic than Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. In fact, it fits all three of your criteria: RPG, horror and adventure. It's a great game. Other than that if you don't mind isometric Planescape: Torment and Fallout are both quite dark. Maybe check out the Thief series if you haven't played them, though they're not RPGs they have a ton of lore and are just excellent.

EDIT: I'm looking for a quality stealth game. I've played almost every stealth game there is, even the ones that just barely pass for stealth, so don't bother recommending the well-known ones like Splinter Cell and Thief. I'm not interested in 2D games but if you have any good isometric games like Jagged Alliance that are stealth based that's something I haven't looked into that much. But mainly 3rd person and 1st person games. Here are the stealth games I have played (this could also serve as a list of recs for people looking for stealth games:

Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (can't get my hands on 4) - not really that stealth-based but they count
Thief (entire series)
Hitman (entire series)
Prisoner of War
Death to Spies
Dishonored
STALKER series (1 and 2)
Sniper Elite (kinda)
Velvet Assassin

I didn't mention any RPGs because the stealth is usually not that prominent or if it is it is sometimes too generalized to be interesting. That being said the stealth in the Elder Scrolls games is very good. If you have any RPGs that do stealth just as well then I'd be interested for sure. Mainly though I'm interested in games that are pure stealth. I'm sure I forgot a few but these are are the main ones I've played.

Deus Ex: Human revolution is a game that can match your criteria. And I say "can" because it can be made killing everyone rambo-style (you don't enjoy much though) or sneaking and knocking out your enemies (best one). It has a good story and an incredibily good atmosphere, and, making extra missions, the game can last up to 30 hours. I highly reccomend it with a 9.5/10.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
05-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-26-2013, 10:45 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 10:13 PM)Bridge Wrote: Great idea.

Thief (entire series)
Hitman (entire series)
Prisoner of War
Death to Spies
Dishonored
STALKER series (1 and 2)
Sniper Elite (kinda)
Velvet Assassin

Deus Ex: Human revolution is a game that can match your criteria. And I say "can" because it can be made killing everyone rambo-style (you don't enjoy much though) or sneaking and knocking out your enemies (best one). It has a good story and an incredibily good atmosphere, and, making extra missions, the game can last up to 30 hours. I highly reccomend it with a 9.5/10.

Yeah, I already played it - it's fantastic. It was originally on my list but I removed it to remain consistent with the no RPGs thing even though the stealth is amazing (to be fair the levels themselves are fairly linear so to compare it to Elder Scrolls or something open-world would be misguided). It's designed so that it can be ghosted fairly easily, which I find very admirable considering most of the fans were going to play it as an action game.
05-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(05-26-2013, 10:34 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Hey I'm looking for a sci fi/space ship related game either rts or action. Recommendations would be awesome!

Tribes: Ascend its a neat game and its FREE! but it takez skillz to play it

its a Sci-fi shooter

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
05-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

(05-26-2013, 10:34 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Hey I'm looking for a sci fi/space ship related game either rts or action. Recommendations would be awesome!

Evochron Mercenary is pretty decent.

Or, Starmade, it's like Minecraft but in space with ships.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013, 11:34 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
05-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

A decent baby-puncher simulation. I've already played a few:

Babies Hell: Back to the Diapers
Goo Goo Ga Ga, Mother-fucker
Suck on This!
EA CEO: The RolePlaying Game
05-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(05-26-2013, 11:19 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: A decent baby-puncher simulation. I've already played a few:

Babies Hell: Back to the Diapers
Goo Goo Ga Ga, Mother-fucker
Suck on This!
EA CEO: The RolePlaying Game

http://www.addictinggames.com/funny-game...ebuddy.jsp

You can purchase a baby skin in that game, so it's the same thing.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
05-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Find