Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help problems with exporting a monster from maya
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: problems with exporting a monster from maya

I HAVE STOPPED THE CRASHES!!!

I have done major progress and I will likely finish soon.
I was opening up a monster by another modder who had actually used OpenCOLLADA when suddenly I noticed, that even though I definitely selected openCOLLADA in the export options, that was being ignored by both of my files and instead exported as fbx. I quickly learned that it was because there was some kind of conflict between my fbx-plugin and collada so I tried turning off the plugin completely and finally it actually exported as collada with zero bugs on my little bendy cube!! animation and everything fine.

The monster was a little messed up however but the fact that I was able to import it in model viewer without crashes, and on top of that the animation was playing (though looking messed up) is a major advancement for me and I have a good feeling I be able to fix it in not too long

as my monster is messed up and I dont wanna spoil it I give you a picture of my little bendy cube being bendy

[Image: Iud6B1T.jpg]

feels good man
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013, 07:28 AM by WALP.)
08-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

[Image: uM2Grvj.jpg]

Getting the one where it explodes, I believe I have seen others get this one before and that it was quite common. I try and solve it myself, but if anyone remembers the solution that would be great
08-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(08-03-2013, 10:11 AM)The Mug Wrote: [Image: uM2Grvj.jpg]

Getting the one where it explodes, I believe I have seen others get this one before and that it was quite common. I try and solve it myself, but if anyone remembers the solution that would be great

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid246525

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

I have managed to fix the problem that makes my monster look all exploded, There was however also a problem with the animation messing up the rig poses completely( like having his head being stepped on by his legs, while his arms are waving like a cheerleader )

I believe I have found the source of the animation problem though.
In acies tips it is mentioned that all local joint orientation should be set to Y up.
However I noticed that though it was by default Y up in blender, when brought into maya, FBX had converted them to X up which maya handled perfectly fine. I do however have heavy suspicion that it is something HPL2 does not handle fine at all and that it is why my animations are messed up in this strange way, which share similarities with the original animation.

So I have been trying to reorient these joints in maya but I have yet to succeed, I thought I had to use the orient joint tool but it does not seem to have much effect or either I am using it wrong.

If anyone knows how I fix the orientation so it becomes Y-up on my joints, that would be lovely

heres an illustration:

[Image: bU7NwFN.jpg]
08-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I don't know if this will work, but:

In case maya has a .bvh importer, export ONLY your armature with .bvh and play with the exporting settings

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Find