Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help wanted
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Help wanted

Where are all the mods? Why hasn't this guy been banned yet? ^
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 11:01 PM by Tiger.)
08-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I think it's a new account.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(08-06-2013, 07:46 PM)The Mug Wrote:
Spoiler below!

After thinking I now feel very confident that it is the right decision to join your project Mr.Criso. I do however wish to first finish a model I am currently working on animating and exporting, before getting involved or officially joining the project, just to be safe I dont regret the next day(will probs take me about a week).

My reasoning for wanting to join despite having starting a project of my own in mind, is that there would be much more to learn from your project, and even if I am attached to my idea it is clear that one must be strong enough to abandon one's ideas, there will be more and I bet that the passion can be taken to other projects( like your's!).

Now a bit about myself:

I have been doing things with modeling for about 3 years, but the first 2 mostly was just being interested in it or fooling around with it, while in the last year I gradually started to get more serious about it and put more time into it, and I wish to take it further and further so I can become more skilled. In that time I have engaged in 2 minor projects that was in aid of school work, and a big one which was a mod for amnesia called "slender:Curse of hope" which was definitely not a succesful project though it was definitely the one I learned the most from.
In specific experience I can say that my modeling is at a point were I feel I can do quite a lot if I put in the effort and some time, while some more complex shapes might be challenging for me, though that is after all how you learn.
Texturing is not something I have been doing for long but recently I have gotten quite into it and produced some textures I am quite happy with, though I dont find most of them quite high-res enough so some learning to be had here as well.
Animation and rigging is something I get the basics of and I can produce basic animations but I am pretty much a beginner and like chaser no good for movie at my current level.
Composition and rendering and such is something I have seen videos on and perhaps read a little about but I pretty much have little to none experience with it.

about contact I was only using chat back when working on the other mod as my partner did not want to use voice.
I am very willing to do that this time though my microphone is low quality and sometimes buggy so I might buy a new one if necesary.

Still many things I feel like writing or saying but I think its better we leave that for later so I can post this comment Wink

Hey, no problemo! The models that will be created will be a combination of low, medium and high poly. In addition, most objects with either have a bump or normal map. Take your time with what you need to do and then we can discuss from there.

I have a lot of experience with rendering and compositing, so don't worry about that. Like I said, I could potentially do all this by myself; however, it'd be nice to get help on it.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
08-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Talking about low-poly:

Blender has a decimate modifier which allows to reduce the polycount with minimal damage to the mesh:

wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Modifiers/Generate/Decimate

I can be a "decimater" for this if you want :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(08-07-2013, 10:25 AM)The chaser Wrote: Talking about low-poly:

Blender has a decimate modifier which allows to reduce the polycount with minimal damage to the mesh:

wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Modifiers/Generate/Decimate

I can be a "decimater" for this if you want Big Grin

Preferably, decimation would only be helpful in retopologizing unless the mesh is already built out in quads.

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
08-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Precisely, if there's a way too highpoly object, you can decimate it with this. I'm just tellin', for your information Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(08-07-2013, 12:40 PM)The chaser Wrote: Precisely, if there's a way too highpoly object, you can decimate it with this. I'm just tellin', for your information Wink

Haha, thank you. Zbrush and Maya can also do the same things. It's plausible that blender has more attention put towards it though. When I went to SIGGRAPH, two weeks ago, I got to meet the Blender Organization, so I met all the guys that made the famous videos made with Blender.

08-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(08-07-2013, 12:42 PM)crisosphinx Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 12:40 PM)The chaser Wrote: Precisely, if there's a way too highpoly object, you can decimate it with this. I'm just tellin', for your information ;)

Haha, thank you. Zbrush and Maya can also do the same things. It's plausible that blender has more attention put towards it though. When I went to SIGGRAPH, two weeks ago, I got to meet the Blender Organization, so I met all the guys that made the famous videos made with Blender.

Spoiler below!

[Image: rainbowMeme.png]

Well, as I have 0 knowledge of Maya or Zbrush, I didn't know they had the same decimating thing. Those are good news, anyway! I'm ready to make stuff whenever you want :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(08-07-2013, 01:13 PM)The chaser Wrote:
Spoiler below!

[Image: rainbowMeme.png]

Well, as I have 0 knowledge of Maya or Zbrush, I didn't know they had the same decimating thing. Those are good news, anyway! I'm ready to make stuff whenever you want Big Grin

Maya's version of it isn't very good. Well, that is, Maya (first version) to Maya 2013. Maya 2014 has a great decimation tool.

Zbrush's decimator was officially put into the program in Zbrush R5 (?). I believe it had one before that, but it wasn't very good.

Let me get my concepts completely finished and I shall send some to you. In addition, I can add reference pictures, if you'd like. It's possible that I'd critique what you're doing and offer some hints as to how to improve (which is the point of this project, it's a learning experience Wink ).

08-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Oh, it doesn't matter. My models aren't the best, but I try to put care on them, and if I receive criticism, even better! I've been learning about NURBS and modifiers, and I must admit I'm getting quite good results :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Find