Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help wanted
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
Help wanted

A voice (preferably male who can sound like a gruff-oldman) and a couple modelers, perhaps, if anyone wants experience or has time.

The project I'm working on is a personal one that I could accomplish with my own time and tasks. I could even voice act it if I wanted; however, I hate hearing my voice, so talent is appreciated.

My project is called, "A Fisherman's Tale", starring a Fisherman who is way past his time. He seems to be a bit insane. However, the story twists morphs into a traumatic event, as the fishermans sea-monster, he talks so much about, appears in the port-harbor he had docked in.

Est. running time of film - ~4-6 minutes max.

Est. # of assets - ~60-100 (depending on depth and detail)

Est. length of voice clips - ~:30-1:00 for each clip

Any questions, comments or concerns, please post here, pm me or email me.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 05:49 PM by crisosphinx.)
08-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Help wanted

Gotta love how Criso's level of brilliance lets him get away with making a vague thread like this.
And yes I feel so confident in his brilliance that I can say this, before he's even gotten away with it.
08-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(08-06-2013, 05:37 PM)The Mug Wrote: Gotta love how Criso's level of brilliance lets him get away with making a vague thread like this.
And yes I feel so confident in his brilliance that I can say this, before he's even gotten away with it.

You're right! Oh, how dearly correct, you are my, good lad.

I didn't want to post too much as I'm working right now. But I need to set the time aside to finish writing it out. Gimme a second to work on it.

Fixed.

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 06:20 PM by crisosphinx.)
08-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Hmm... This is interesting! I'm terrible as a voice actor, but I can make models for you if you need Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(08-06-2013, 05:55 PM)The chaser Wrote: Hmm... This is interesting! I'm terrible as a voice actor, but I can make models for you if you need Wink

I might take you up on that. Tongue The models range from anything like steak, plates, forks, spoons to things like boats, docks, houses, etc. Since this is actually a short-film, there is a lot more detail that will be going into it.

Mug - I said it might be related to Amnesia, as this might get turned into a mod later.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 06:03 PM by crisosphinx.)
08-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Gotta say its sounds very tempting, but I have been thinking of starting a project of my own for a while already and its not just something I can or want to throw away, at least not yet...I DUNNO.

them choices and them times oh boy....

EDIT: I be thinking about it!
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 06:29 PM by WALP.)
08-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

A quick note, the character concept art is nearly all finished. Doing some of the environment details will be freehand, while other portions will definitely have concept art.

I'm currently deciding which monster to go with.

I will say that this project will be an experience grabber, if you've never done this sort of thing before.

08-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Well, I'm joining here because I'm making a film (or, at last, I'm trying to do so) so yeah, this will be good for me.

Oh, and, if possible, don't make me do characters, ok? I'm quite bad at making them... D: Just stuff like boats and those things.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(08-06-2013, 06:43 PM)The chaser Wrote: Well, I'm joining here because I'm making a film (or, at last, I'm trying to do so) so yeah, this will be good for me.

Oh, and, if possible, don't make me do characters, ok? I'm quite bad at making them... D: Just stuff like boats and those things.

No worries, I want to do the characters, their rigs, animations and such. I have no texture artists yet, aside from myself. Not sure what I want the style of the coloring to look like.

Objects and world details are a priority, though.

08-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

(08-06-2013, 06:32 PM)crisosphinx Wrote: A quick note, the character concept art is nearly all finished. Doing some of the environment details will be freehand, while other portions will definitely have concept art.

I'm currently deciding which monster to go with.

I will say that this project will be an experience grabber, if you've never done this sort of thing before.
After thinking I now feel very confident that it is the right decision to join your project Mr.Criso. I do however wish to first finish a model I am currently working on animating and exporting, before getting involved or officially joining the project, just to be safe I dont regret the next day(will probs take me about a week).

My reasoning for wanting to join despite having starting a project of my own in mind, is that there would be much more to learn from your project, and even if I am attached to my idea it is clear that one must be strong enough to abandon one's ideas, there will be more and I bet that the passion can be taken to other projects( like your's!).

Now a bit about myself:

I have been doing things with modeling for about 3 years, but the first 2 mostly was just being interested in it or fooling around with it, while in the last year I gradually started to get more serious about it and put more time into it, and I wish to take it further and further so I can become more skilled. In that time I have engaged in 2 minor projects that was in aid of school work, and a big one which was a mod for amnesia called "slender:Curse of hope" which was definitely not a succesful project though it was definitely the one I learned the most from.
In specific experience I can say that my modeling is at a point were I feel I can do quite a lot if I put in the effort and some time, while some more complex shapes might be challenging for me, though that is after all how you learn.
Texturing is not something I have been doing for long but recently I have gotten quite into it and produced some textures I am quite happy with, though I dont find most of them quite high-res enough so some learning to be had here as well.
Animation and rigging is something I get the basics of and I can produce basic animations but I am pretty much a beginner and like chaser no good for movie at my current level.
Composition and rendering and such is something I have seen videos on and perhaps read a little about but I pretty much have little to none experience with it.

about contact I was only using chat back when working on the other mod as my partner did not want to use voice.
I am very willing to do that this time though my microphone is low quality and sometimes buggy so I might buy a new one if necesary.

Still many things I feel like writing or saying but I think its better we leave that for later so I can post this comment ;)
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 09:57 PM by WALP.)
08-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Find