Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
mminecraftfan Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Why won't AMFP be supporting CS's?

(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: 3DS Max support is included in the update Patrik (with others assisting as needed) is currently working on for Amnesia.

AMFP won't support CS because AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory. So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.

But i wont be able to get update because i didn't bought game through steam Sad

Can someone tell me if there will be update for nonsteam version of the game
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM by mminecraftfan.)
08-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(08-30-2013, 03:04 PM)Paddy Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 02:42 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: I don't even bother venturing in those.

This is completely off-topic but do you find that this "forum bitchiness culture" is more or less irritating since you've been "in the business"? I'm sure being on the receiving end of whining is always bad, but as a passive observer of reactions to other games/companies you're not personally a part of do you have a different perspective? And what's your experience of past colleagues and their posting habits?

I always cringe a little when a developer reads/responds to something I've posted because it's like "shit, they know a hell of a lot more than me about this situation and they're probably yelling DICK at their monitor even as they type a very calm and friendly response" hahaha.

It's a case by case basis, developers are 99% gamers, so we understand the frustration a lot times. And a lot of the time the frustration is usually caused by expectations not being set correctly by the developer (with people building their own expectations up into something unbelievable).

It never really bothers me directly as I know I'll never ever be able to please everyone, I just make games I know I would really want to play, and if people dislike that, well there's very little I can do about it so I'm not going to lose sleep over it as long as I know I've done the best I can.

So in answer to your question, yes and no. It gets tiring when the same topic is bought up and up again yet the answer is plain as daylight and right there, and should be understandable. But there are other times where gamers absolutely have the right to be upset and should be vocal about it.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 03:24 PM by samueljustice00.)
08-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-30-2013, 09:42 AM)jens Wrote: No sorry, turns out that the support in hpl3 is broken again as blender has updated a couple of times since it was added. So will not be possible to fix for hpl2, it will take too much time.

Does anyone over there remember what version of Blender worked the best in HPL3 for animations (armatures)?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Website Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(08-30-2013, 01:24 PM)kingbdogz Wrote: Puzzles are done through physical interaction now. You pick up an item physically, then use it with other objects to complete a puzzle.
This isn't really new. In Penumbra you could also take two objects, and combine them into one. For instance, you'd take a can of gas and put into the generator to get it to start running. You could also use objects to open vents, and much more. A few of things I'm talking about are from the Penumbra Tech Demo.

Or like in Amnesia you had to place the coal into the furnace (furnace type thing), and there are already various other physics involved puzzles. Is A Machine for Pigs just going to improve upon this or what? How is this new?

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM by darkely.)
08-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Find
kingbdogz Offline

Threads: 0

(08-30-2013, 03:35 PM)darkely Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 01:24 PM)kingbdogz Wrote: Puzzles are done through physical interaction now. You pick up an item physically, then use it with other objects to complete a puzzle.
This isn't really new. In Penumbra you could also take two objects, and combine them into one. For instance, you'd take a can of gas and put into the generator to get it to start running.

Or like in Amnesia you had to place the coal into the furnace (furnace type thing), and there are already various other physics involved puzzles. Is A Machine for Pigs just going to improve upon this or what? How is this new?

I'm not saying that it's new. The difference is is that the entire AMFP game is structured around this mechanic, rather than juggling between using the inventory and interacting with objects directly. The interface of an immersive game such as Amnesia should never draw the player away from the world, and the inventory did just that. As a result, I can see why they removed it in favour of direct interaction.

I mean, if you think about it, the inventory actually paused the game as well. It was really just a hindrance to the game's atmosphere.
08-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(08-30-2013, 03:40 PM)kingbdogz Wrote: I mean, if you think about it, the inventory actually paused the game as well. It was really just a hindrance to the game's atmosphere.
So I guess there won't be anyway to raise your sanity meter? that kinda sucks.

08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(08-30-2013, 03:47 PM)darkely Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 03:40 PM)kingbdogz Wrote: I mean, if you think about it, the inventory actually paused the game as well. It was really just a hindrance to the game's atmosphere.
Make progress but you're correct about that sanity potion.
Let's hope Mandus doesn't suffer from fear from the dark (forgot what his phobia was called)
08-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Find
kingbdogz Offline

If I am to understand, they've removed some of the survival elements, so yeah you probably won't get those type of options.

Though, it's not out of the question. It could be a potion that you consume upon picking up.

I just don't think Amnesia's strong points were the survival mechanics, it was more its ability to build immersive, horror-filled worlds. That was what hooked me in, at least.
08-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(08-30-2013, 03:50 PM)maarten12100 Wrote:
Make progress but you're correct about that sanity potion.
Let's hope Mandus doesn't suffer from fear from the dark (forgot what his phobia was called)

Nyctophobia, ain't as bad as Hylophobia.

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(08-30-2013, 11:05 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.

Hang on like an update patch? Wouldn't that mean that you would be downloading a bunch of assets which weren't used in the original Amnesia? Modders would love it, but average gamers might not, because wouldn't this be increasing the installation size with a lot of dead weight?
So will TDD be having AAMFP assets stored by default or will they just be adding support for them? I'm a bit confused here
08-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Find