Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Pre-ordered but disspointed

(08-31-2013, 04:33 AM)MadDoggyca Wrote: I know the game going to be epic and will gone down in history as one of the greatest games ever.

I'd agree, if it's anywhere near as good as TDD, that it'll be one of the best games out there, but I doubt that'll be public opinion. FGs games have always been more of a niche product, as far as popularity goes, compared to truly famous games.

(08-31-2013, 04:33 AM)MadDoggyca Wrote: Im just a but stung that I have nothing and I mean NOTHING to show for it.... Once beaten the game for ever will be lost in the digital world and no way to show it off to any one.

You realize this is where gaming is going right? If you followed the whole xbox one fiasco, you'd know that Microsoft planned something pretty similar to steam for their platform, and I honestly think that's where gaming is going.

For anybody who was around when steam was first introduced, people hated it. They felt forced to install some third party software to play their game. But now, it's generally accepted as the best thing to happen to pc gaming since pong. Digital licenses to games are the future, like it or not. This is the way pc gaming is now, and more than likely all gaming will be in the future. Everything's going digital.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2013, 04:18 PM by bluel0bster.)
08-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Find
MadDoggyca Offline

Threads: 7

I bought on steam for few reasons

A) at 15$ Preorder
b) GOG and other sites do not use digital store. so u have to hunt and pick ever game u own in a web browers.
c) not all games use steam DRM even if there on steam (IE Hate Story is DRM free even on steam) Just copy game folder to were ever u want and run
d) Its the most convent way to keep try of digital games.

and I actually like steam and enjoy the experience.
08-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

You're dissapointed in not being able to seem more cool then somebody else? Pre-ordering is to get the game as soon as it's released... That's usually all it's for. And what's the point of showing off when anybody can pre-order the game?
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 09:39 AM by imgoneimdead.)
09-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

If you don't want to buy the game on Steam, don't buy. If you don't want to buy from from GOG or Humble Store, don't buy.

If you are being disappointed by every little detail, don't buy the game.

Simple
09-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(08-31-2013, 02:51 PM)Deep One Wrote: That is not correct. You are able to play your games, even some multiplayer games with bots, in offline mode. Jesus, get your facts right before you say something like that.

No. I mean not just "play" a game, I mean "use". Without internet your Steam games are useless where ever you are. And your account is controlled by other people where you don't know how long the Steam servers are running and your account working.

And I don't buy a game because I just want to play it. I buy a game because I want to have it and add to my collection. I'm always proud to have a physical copy or a DRM-free version which I can install and play without limitations and/or third party internet software. It's like you get the game just "borrowed". I want to have a functioning copy for the rest of my life without obligation to other people's internet servers!

And that's the reason why GOG or Humble Store are against DRM. Because that "protection" just punished the honest buyer!

Understand that.

(08-31-2013, 03:40 PM)Traggey Wrote: And the steam sales are fantastic, that's not something that could ever happen if it wasn't digital.

I would rather pay 100 Euros for a DRM-free physical copy, instead getting the game on Steam for free.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 11:07 AM by Googolplex.)
09-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(09-01-2013, 11:01 AM)Googolplex Wrote:
(08-31-2013, 02:51 PM)Deep One Wrote: That is not correct. You are able to play your games, even some multiplayer games with bots, in offline mode. Jesus, get your facts right before you say something like that.

And I don't buy a game because I just want to play it. I buy a game because I want to have it and add to my collection. I'm always proud to have a physical copy or a DRM-free version which I can install and play without limitations and/or third party internet software. It's like you get the game just "borrowed". I want to have a functioning copy for the rest of my life without obligation to other people's internet servers!

If Steam was to go bankrupt, they would have to let you download all of your games so you can keep your own copy (presumably DRM-free?) of them.

By the way, physical copies are rarely DRM-free; the more you use your CD/DVD, the more you wear it out.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 11:14 AM by felixmole.)
09-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(09-01-2013, 11:11 AM)felixmole Wrote: By the way, physical copies are rarely DRM-free.

Yes, I hate every kind of DRM. Steam is just one of them.
But there are very few games using DRM without forcing you to Steam or Origin.
09-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Find
Tillion Magnet Offline

Threads: 0

(09-01-2013, 11:11 AM)felixmole Wrote:

If Steam was to go bankrupt, they would have to let you download all of your games so you can keep your own copy (presumably DRM-free?) of them.

By the way, physical copies are rarely DRM-free.

*snort* There is no way that is going to happen. Despite what Valve has said, I very much doubt you will keep your games if Steam goes under. And I'm willing to bet they have a clause in the license agreement that lets them do just that.
09-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

No. I mean not just "play" a game, I mean "use". Without internet your Steam games are useless where ever you are. And your account is controlled by other people where you don't know how long the Steam servers are running and your account working.

Please tell me, what makes your steam games "useless" if you don't have internet connection? Like I said, you can play them in offline mode. How many times I have to repeat myself? And if Steam shuts down, Valve has said various times that they'd send out a patch to make all your games run without the online check.
09-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

I think somebody incredibly hates Steam. If you just want a physical copy, go buy it. You can never access physical copy on Steam.

There won't be physical copy of AAMFP. So what are you going to do? Going to kill FG? There is not an option of buying physical copy so you must buy digital version.

And I must say Steam is awesome, with discounts.
09-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Find