Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
Tillion Magnet Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories

Because AMFP strips out a number of the gameplay mechanics found in TDD, creating custom stories out of it would greatly limit the usage versus adding the assets to the TDD editor.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 09:36 PM by Tillion Magnet.)
09-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Find
Retomathic Offline

Threads: 5

does this mean the lantern and the new hand. the new arm btw is much longer
09-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Website Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(09-01-2013, 08:31 PM)lllDash Wrote: So you're saying a download with aMfP resources will be avalable for tDD for Free?

The update will not contain any resources from AAMFP, no. It just updates the code to support the model format used by Pigs, and adds some extras on top of that.
09-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

So once we get this update we then have to copy over the assets and so and so?

The International Narcotics Traffic
09-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

(09-02-2013, 08:42 AM)russian sky Wrote: So once we get this update we then have to copy over the assets and so and so?
You will download updated version of HPLEditor.

I think.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 09:56 AM by summit.)
09-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Find
lllDash Offline

Threads: 12

(09-02-2013, 08:21 AM)Patrik Wrote: The update will not contain any resources from AAMFP, no. It just updates the code to support the model format used by Pigs, and adds some extras on top of that.

OK! that makes more sense. I was thinking to myself: would frictional give away that much content for free?

Woah...I just thought of something. When CS come with aMfP content that would most likely make the CS massive to download!

My Custom Story: KEY TO FREEDOM: http://www.moddb.com/mods/key-to-freedom
09-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Find
emd Offline

Threads: 0

(09-03-2013, 12:06 AM)lllDash Wrote: OK! that makes more sense. I was thinking to myself: would frictional give away that much content for free?

Woah...I just thought of something. When CS come with aMfP content that would most likely make the CS massive to download!

Why? If someone decides to use something from AMFP instead of TTD, why would this automatically increase file size? For example, instead of TTD lantern, they use AMFP lantern. One removed, one gained. I don't see how that automatically will make the CS massive to download [in relation to just TTD-based CS].
09-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-03-2013, 08:03 AM)emd Wrote: Why? If someone decides to use something from AMFP instead of TTD, why would this automatically increase file size? For example, instead of TTD lantern, they use AMFP lantern. One removed, one gained. I don't see how that automatically will make the CS massive to download [in relation to just TTD-based CS].

Because in TDD custom stories if you are using the default lantern the player does not have to install any additional assets because the lantern is already in the vanilla files of TDD. If you add anything from AMFP, including the lantern, you would pack it together with the custom story, because AMFP files are not in TDD vanilla files.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Find
lllDash Offline

Threads: 12

Yea, I was gonna say the same thing.
There may be another option. Players could maybe download a aMfP Content Pack for tDD and then they can download CS that use the Pack. So in the end you won't have to always download all these massive CS every time.

My Custom Story: KEY TO FREEDOM: http://www.moddb.com/mods/key-to-freedom
09-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Find
Mastersarge Offline

Threads: 7
Very dissapointing

I didn't come here to play another Dear Esther tour game. I came to play Amnesia. I noticed a lack of interactivity and exploration when looking at the preview gameplay. All there is a click and hold to move and open shit, the lantern button that doesn't run out of oil, crouch and jump, and that's basically pretty much it.

The aspects of this game looks linear at best, and I do not really appreciate how... vague the opening game is in terms of character and story. Of course that's what I come to expect from a game like 'The Chinese Room' that wants to be 'poetic.' That being said, there's no inventory, no items, no way to really prepare yourself like in TDD; where you had to EXPLORE an entire castle where everything tries to kill you or worse, to delve more into the atmospheric characterization of the game's characters, the game world itself, and every note and important item of interest that is of great value.

In a nutshell, this is FAR from what the original had in mind. It's taken the Simple Simon route where this entire game is a horror museum without the 'no picking up and keeping anything' policy.
Plus, this game is going to have an predictable outcome with an unpredictable vague poetic explanation when I get done with this. Because TCR.

My two cents.

Hey, how ya doing?
09-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Find