Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4

So excited.

Only a few hours till peak gaming time hits on my timezone.

Leaving every ironed out nice and clean at my home so I can lose myself in A:AMFP later tonight.
09-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Find
Derxor Offline

(09-10-2013, 11:02 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: So excited.

Leaving every ironed out nice and clean at my home so I can lose myself in A:AMFP later tonight.

You aren't gonna be dissapointed dude, just go to the forums every time you feel like a break (just like I'm doing right now cause I'm scared out of my mind) and don't worry, you WILL get scared

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 11:12 PM by Derxor.)
09-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Some more:

[Image: tp3PJUHl.png]

[Image: gJZooPUl.png]

It is kinda sad that this PC game filled with crapload of invisible wall and limitations. I never encountered any in original Amnesia, it was just like Half-Life - if you see something you most likely can jump on it. Such kind of bad level design seems to be common in last few years in many pc games.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

Bloody hell, that's enough for tonight for me Tongue

Spoiler below!
"I must escape with the gasoline canister"

*save&exit*
09-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

The right thread for this is Pigs and the Bugs Smile
09-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Find
Derxor Offline

(09-10-2013, 11:15 PM)Sampyli Wrote: Bloody hell, that's enough for tonight for me Tongue

Spoiler below!

*save&exit*

I know that feeling bro... *hug*

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
09-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Website Find
Cuyir Offline

(09-10-2013, 11:12 PM)Derxor Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 11:02 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: So excited.

You aren't gonna be dissapointed dude, just go to the forums every time you feel like a break (just like I'm doing right now cause I'm scared out of my mind) and don't worry, you WILL get scared

With all due respect, I might disappear from these boards after I give my ultimatum on what I thought of the game.
Some aspects of the fanbase are...irritating.

Maybe pop back in when FG announces their super dooper secret project.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 11:50 PM by Cuyir.)
09-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Find
Vertical Offline

(09-10-2013, 11:19 PM)Derxor Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 11:15 PM)Sampyli Wrote: Bloody hell, that's enough for tonight for me Tongue

Spoiler below!

*save&exit*

I know that feeling bro... *hug*

The best thing is, that if you don't escape in time or hide...

Spoiler below!
The monster will bang a few times on the door and leave, not even show up Smile.
09-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Just finished the game... Still processing...

Damn.
09-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(09-10-2013, 11:20 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: With all due respect, I might disappear from these boards after I give my ultimatum on what I thought of the game. Some aspects of the fanbase are...irritating.

Maybe pop back in when FG announces their super dooper secret project.

Totally understandable. Some seem locked onto an expectation they had and feel they've had it fulfilled, which is good. But when another gives a different review, they seem confused, which tells me they went into the game biased, their minds set on what they wanted. Me personally, I've never liked any of TCR's previous works. But I figured I'd give them one more shot. I like AMFP, but I'm certainly not amazed. I'm a bit in between.

Reviewish spoilers below, be mindful!
Spoiler below!

The game was scary at first, the ambience and buildup was very well executed. The lack of monster music was grrrrrreat, in my opinion. So glad that was included. The flickering lantern kinda threw me back to the old Silent Hill games, where radio static told you a monster was nearby. That was also well executed.

But later on, things got a bit predictable, the gameplay was lacking (something that TCR seems to do a lot, and is also why I'm not a huge fan. I was kind of expecting a walk simulator of sorts) and the puzzles were a bit more disappointing than I was expecting. They were pretty simple to say the least. And I was never really "scared" by the time I was out of the church and further on. It seemed to get a bit more action-like, especially at the end. Though I really like the "Tesla" pig (as described in the game files), he was really flipping cool. How he could go invisible and still stalk you was sick. I only wish he were faster, it might've made him more intense. His slowness made him more intriguing to me than terrifying.

I'm part of the Frictional fanbase through and through, but this easily felt out of the family. It seems you can tell when it's a Frictional GAME now. But coming from TCR, I got what I expected, so I can't really say I'm disappointed or surprised. It was hell of a lot more worth getting than Dear Esther, but now I can only look forward to Frictional's upcoming project. Hopefully they'll stick to their values rather than experiment with them. And It's also hinted to be sci-fi. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 11:50 PM by Statyk.)
09-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Find