Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4

(09-06-2013, 12:26 PM)droog Wrote: Hmm, unfortunately I don't have the option to redeem a steam key. Just get this message when I click on "AAMFP":

"Thanks for pre-ordering! When Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is ready, you'll be able to get it right here on your download page."

Same here.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2s7ds3o.png]

09-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Find
Bloody_Eugene Offline

Threads: 0

(09-06-2013, 12:26 PM)droog Wrote: Hmm, unfortunately I don't have the option to redeem a steam key. Just get this message when I click on "AAMFP":

"Thanks for pre-ordering! When Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is ready, you'll be able to get it right here on your download page."

Me too!
Where can I pre-load?
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Find
Miggel16 Offline

Threads: 0

Same here. ._.
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(09-06-2013, 12:04 PM)jens Wrote: As far as I know the keys for humble store users have been added, so you can activate the game on steam and pre-load if you like.

Many thanks Jens, but as others have mentioned no luck for me either - I just get the Humble Store 'this page is claimed by you' page. No sign of a Steam key.

Are we looking in the wrong place perhaps? Smile
09-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

Jens said they were trying to add Steam key for the customers of Humble Store. When Jens say: "We added it.", I think you will have an option to get the steam key.

I bought it on Steam, I pre-loaded.
09-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(09-06-2013, 11:15 AM)droog Wrote: Hey pluto, my question was not if they support preloading, I wanted to know if I can download the game directly (from my humble account) on the 10th september, without waiting until 8 PM. Big Grin
Or do they also activate the download later the day?

The release time is set at GTC time (+0 if you may). So, when this time comes the game should be available everywhere. Now, if that's 8PM your time that's another thing. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

(09-06-2013, 12:04 PM)jens Wrote: As far as I know the keys for humble store users have been added, so you can activate the game on steam and pre-load if you like.

So, preloading is steam only as I said above. Makes sense. Btw, humble still does not show any steam key.
09-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(09-06-2013, 02:32 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 11:15 AM)droog Wrote: Hey pluto, my question was not if they support preloading, I wanted to know if I can download the game directly (from my humble account) on the 10th september, without waiting until 8 PM. Big Grin
Or do they also activate the download later the day?

The release time is set at GTC time (+0 if you may). So, when this time comes the game should be available everywhere. Now, if that's 8PM your time that's another thing. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

Mhh... how can I explain... When I go to AAMFP on steam it says "you can play the game in X days and X hours". The countdown expires at 8PM in my country. So I am able to play it at 8PM, but I don't want to wait. Big Grin
I have also the game on my humble account. The question is now, can I play the game directly on the 10th september without waiting until 8PM for the steam release, when I download the game via humblestore.
I have a great internet connection so the download time is no problem. Big Grin

Steam release -> 10th September 8PM
Humblestore release -> 10th September ?? PM
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2013, 02:41 PM by Draug.)
09-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(09-06-2013, 02:39 PM)droog Wrote: Mhh... how can I explain... When I go to AAMFP on steam it says "you can play the game in X days and X hours". The countdown expires at 8PM in my country. So I am able to play it at 8PM, but I don't want to wait. Big Grin
I have also the game on my humble account. The question is now, can I play the game directly on the 10th september without waiting until 8PM for the steam release, when I download the game via humblestore.

First of all, steam says that this time is approximate. So it might vary a bit. What I'm trying to tell you is that (normally) the game will be available for download at the same time for both stores. So only around 8PM will you be able to download it from the Humble Store. It's the same date/time for every store. However, it's a fact that because of pre-loading steam users can play the game instantly when it's out whereas other people will be downloading it at that time.
09-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(09-06-2013, 02:56 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 02:39 PM)droog Wrote: Mhh... how can I explain... When I go to AAMFP on steam it says "you can play the game in X days and X hours". The countdown expires at 8PM in my country. So I am able to play it at 8PM, but I don't want to wait. Big Grin

First of all, steam says that this time is approximate. So it might vary a bit. What I'm trying to tell you is that (normally) the game will be available for download at the same time for both stores. So only around 8PM will you be able to download it from the Humble Store. It's the same date/time for every store. However, it's a fact that because of pre-loading steam users can play the game instantly when it's out whereas other people will be downloading it at that time.

Thank you. That answered my question. Smile
09-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

So uh... My Amnesia a Machine for Pigs has started pre-loading... What does this mean...?

Trying is the first step to success.
09-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Find