Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4

I like how nobody marks their spoilers in this thread.
09-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

maybe bc the games already out and like 4/5ths of the forum have played it already why are you looking at this section if you don't want stuff spoiled lol

Posting Freak
09-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Website Find
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11

(09-11-2013, 07:12 AM)Kman Wrote: maybe bc the games already out and like 4/5ths of the forum have played it already why are you looking at this section if you don't want stuff spoiled lol

Meh. Thought that, if there's a specific spoiler thread already, the spoilers would be in there. Was looking for general discussion about the game, not any specifics, but I guess I'll come back once I'm through the game myself.
09-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

yeah i get you i just kinda assumed everyone thought the forums would be riddled with spoilers as soon as it came out (which they kinda were), i just didn't even log on until i finished heh

Posting Freak
09-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(09-11-2013, 06:35 AM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 06:32 AM)Kman Wrote: i mean seriously it gave fucking pirates of the caribbean 3 a run for it's money in ridiculously lengthed endings DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW DIFFICULT THAT IS TO EVEN MATCH THE ENDING OF PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3

even if it was freaky looking i couldn't think of any reason why it was even there so what's the point

like it would have been cool if they worked it in in a way that makes sense but they were kinda just like "this is cool let's just throw it in at the end"

Remember the "Pig-Kaernks" in the sewers? That's what you 'confront' in the end.

I was wondering what the fuck those were. I honestly thought "Ugh, an electric water monster? I better not have a chase scene with this asshole."

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I just got AAMFP. Fuck yes. Installing.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Find
GizmoKSX Offline

Threads: 0

(09-11-2013, 03:19 AM)Nuits Grace Wrote: Nothing against FG but their attempts at a story in A:TDD started well (though very very very very VERY Lovecraft influenced, to the point of tribute) and then just fell flat.

Spoilers for both the new game and The Dark Descent, just in case someone's beaten the new one without trying the original.
Spoiler below!

Agreed. It started out immersive and mysterious, and you sympathized with Daniel trying to put the pieces together. The twist of his past crimes wasn't a major shocker, but it was appropriate. But all of the business of Alexander being from another dimension and the subplots with Agrippa and Weyer seemed shoehorned in, and overcomplicated the story—not intellectually in that it was hard to follow or anything, but it felt like baggage that distracted from the tone the game set early on rather than enhance it.

This is where I feel like A Machine for Pigs succeeded. The presentation is intricate, but it's all about Mandus' personal journey, coming to terms with his own corruption and seeking redemption. Nothing felt out of place.

Just an observation that Daniel, Justine, and Mandus have all brought about their own amnesia. I wonder, if there are future entries in the Amnesia series, if we'll have a protagonist who's being kept in the dark by someone other than him/herself.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 08:20 AM by GizmoKSX.)
09-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Find
wretch Offline

Threads: 4

base_english.lang file

<Entry Name="ItemName_LockPick">Lock Pick</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_LockPick">Rusty and weak but in working condition for picking one lock.</Entry>
09-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-11-2013, 08:29 AM)wretch Wrote: base_english.lang file

<Entry Name="ItemDesc_LockPick">Rusty and weak but in working condition for picking one lock.</Entry>

So?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Find
wretch Offline

Threads: 4

(09-11-2013, 08:47 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 08:29 AM)wretch Wrote: base_english.lang file

So?

Very simple question even you are capable of comprehending:

Is there an inventory in AMFP or not?

If you haven't figured it out yet, the answer is no.
09-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Find