Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams About the Game?
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Dreams About the Game?

I've had dreams about Amnesia:TDD many times. Whenever I have dreamt of it I always see the monsters but not how they look in the game, though I still know they are the monsters.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
09-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

(09-06-2013, 03:36 PM)TwiK999 Wrote: I've had dreams about Amnesia:TDD many times. Whenever I have dreamt of it I always see the monsters but not how they look in the game, though I still know they are the monsters.
Smile

Actually, I never scared from the monsters in the game. The only thing is my f*cking adrenaline hits to the top when a freaking grunt chasing me.
09-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Find
raptorhunter6 Offline

Threads: 4

I can join the party. I had my first Amnesia dream yesterday. I was in a dark hall, floor and wall paneling similar to the Storage area in TDD. Then I hear a shriek and torches light up. Suddenly these small windows appear along both walls to my left and right and through those windows I see these, people(?) but they are just limbs stuck together on a torso and vibrating in the shadows, one per window. Then ahead of me, at the end of the hallway a door opens and I see a Grunt slowly shuffle its way to me.

Then my dream cuts to a man's head being ripped off his body in an abandoned factory or building by a monster similar to the unused model for the Penumbra games but with thin bits of hair and dark eyes with a flat,skull like nose. That's about what I could remember. Was definitely an awesome experience compared to the random boring dreams I usually get.
09-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Strangely enough, I actually had dreams about this game. Tends to happen when I'm anticipating certain things.

The twist is that my vision of A Machine For Pigs appeared to mix in elements of Doom. I was blasting away knockoffs of Piggsy from Manhunt with a shotgun, and launching rockets(!) at a giant "Cyber-Pig". I actually want this to happen as a Doom mod now.
09-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Find
NagareHoshi Offline

Threads: 0

Would you mind me joining the discussion?
As for my dream, it mostly involves a custom story (a "what-if TDD"),so...
I woke up in a dark hallway, hardly understanding anything. After several minutes of "Where the f*** am I and why on earth is all that so familiar to me" I finally realize that it's my own map and that,according to the script I am going to be chased by daniel right now.And so it happened...
And after Daniel has finally reached me, I woke up and saw my younger brother all scared as hell.
I have strange dreams,dunno why T_T
09-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

While waiting for Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth (and god was it a looooong wait), I had lots of dreams about it.

Especially remember one where I was being chased by a shoggoth, running like hell and scared out of my mind. When I woke up I was sweaty and panting and I thought to myself: "awesome".
09-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Find
rky Offline

Threads: 0

I wish I could recall a lot of mine. I wake up amazed or terrfified etc and have no idea why except for a shadow of a reason.
09-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(09-06-2013, 07:56 PM)NagareHoshi Wrote: Would you mind me joining the discussion?

Not at all, welcome to the forums Smile

I have a habit of forgetting my amnesia dreams (no pun intended), I've considered keeping a journal next to my bed for just that purpose...

For some reason my dreams involve a lot of j-horror stuff, e.g. people walking around crab-style upside down.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 03:01 AM by bluel0bster.)
09-07-2013, 02:59 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I never have nightmares anymore, or at least dreams that scare me. All my dreams in the recent years are either pleasant, interesting, or just plain weird ones.

A few days ago I had a dream about AMFP. It looked nothing remotely like AMFP now that I think about it, but during the dream my brain kept telling me me I was dreaming about AMFP.

The dream is presented in a black/white penned animation style (People with big noses, stuttering lines, etc). It focuses around an old couple in their house. It starts off in their house's dressing room in front of the make-up table. They are talking about something serious, and then the husband goes up to the attic to sort some things out. When he comes back down his wife is gone, and the architecture of the house has shifted very drastically in a almost horrifying way. It is now he realizes that there is something very, very wrong going on here.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

(09-07-2013, 06:15 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: I never have nightmares anymore, or at least dreams that scare me. All my dreams in the recent years are either pleasant, interesting, or just plain weird ones.

A few days ago I had a dream about AMFP. It looked nothing remotely like AMFP now that I think about it, but during the dream my brain kept telling me me I was dreaming about AMFP.

The dream is presented in a black/white penned animation style (People with big noses, stuttering lines, etc). It focuses around an old couple in their house. It starts off in their house's dressing room in front of the make-up table. They are talking about something serious, and then the husband goes up to the attic to sort some things out. When he comes back down his wife is gone, and the architecture of the house has shifted very drastically in a almost horrifying way. It is now he realizes that there is something very, very wrong going on here.

This could make a good custom story. Though making two similar houses with own looks would be a time consuming.

I'm in a same boat, when I'm able to recall a dream, it is just usually some weird dream.
09-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Find