Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago Performance

Hi there,

I'm one of a small bunch who don't have a very good computer. AMFP is running fairly slowly. i.e. there is lag(obviously graphical) a lot of the time for me. I've set all graphical options to low or off because it's that bad and it still lags. When I look into a corner of a room there is no lag and I can move fine. But when I'm looking at the whole room there is lag and I move around slowly. I was able to run TDD on low and it was perfect. I'm not bothered about the textures and graphics, I just want to play the game smoothly. I realise that AMFP is more demanding than TDD but there must be something I can do to fix this.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 01:57 PM by TwiK999.)
09-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Performance

Have you tried resolution? It will definitely take the game down a ton, but will also greatly increase your frame rate. Setting it something like 800x600 will greatly increase performance.

If that doesn't work either...then I'm afraid your computer just isn't strong enough.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

Sorry but I only know one fix which needs 900$ = A New PC.
09-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

you can lower the resolution as suggested, but it is likely not going to improve much if you ran TDD on low, as AMFP is much more demanding.
09-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Website Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

(09-10-2013, 02:01 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Have you tried resolution? It will definitely take the game down a ton, but will also greatly increase your frame rate. Setting it something like 800x600 will greatly increase performance.

If that doesn't work either...then I'm afraid your computer just isn't strong enough.

Yes, I have tried lowering resolution. In fact it is at the lowest. But that hasn't changed it at all.

Thanks for the responses.

I just verified the integrity of the game cache and the performance has improved a lot. I mean it's not perfect, there's still the odd spot of lag now and then but at least it is playable

I'm happy now Smile

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 02:44 PM by TwiK999.)
09-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Find
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3

(09-10-2013, 01:56 PM)TwiK999 Wrote: Hi there,

I'm one of a small bunch who don't have a very good computer. AMFP is running fairly slowly. i.e. there is lag(obviously graphical) a lot of the time for me. I've set all graphical options to low or off because it's that bad and it still lags. When I look into a corner of a room there is no lag and I can move fine. But when I'm looking at the whole room there is lag and I move around slowly. I was able to run TDD on low and it was perfect. I'm not bothered about the textures and graphics, I just want to play the game smoothly. I realise that AMFP is more demanding than TDD but there must be something I can do to fix this.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Do what kreek said. I did what he said and put the resolution on low and it runs smoothly. I would also put everything on low just to be safe.

(09-10-2013, 02:27 PM)TwiK999 Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 02:01 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Have you tried resolution? It will definitely take the game down a ton, but will also greatly increase your frame rate. Setting it something like 800x600 will greatly increase performance.

Yes, I have tried lowering resolution. In fact it is at the lowest. But that hasn't changed it at all.

Thanks for the responses.

I just verified the integrity of the game cache and the performance has improved a lot. I mean it's not perfect, there's still the odd spot of lag now and then but at least it is playable

I'm happy now Smile
try turning off blur affects during flash back cut scenes. It is in the graphics menu but I don't know how much it will improve. If you post your system specs it might be easier to decide if you really are playing on a weak system.

If the game improves in performance when verifying integrity of game cache then it might be due to the preorder not installing components correctly. A similar issue occurred with dead space 2. When the game released some of the levels had missing parts and random voids of blackness were everywhere. People all had to verify integrity of game cache or reinstall for the game to run with random black voids
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 03:40 PM by Doomed316.)
09-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Find