Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Mr.Amnesia Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Hi guys, Haven't been on the forums in ages anyway this my speculation of the story of Machine for pigs.

Basically Mandus encountered one of the Orbs in the temple and was exposed to the images showcasing the future - what will start in the coming century. Two World Wars, Hitler(references to gassing, "making the pigs out us all"), creation of atom bomb, etc.Orb obviously drove him insane, as we know Orbs do and he gained a split personality sort of deal. The Other "Mandus" the byproduct of the Orb, wanted to convert humanity into docile pigmen, to prevent those horrors.

In the ending credits there were some interesting words spoken
"When the lights were nearly all extinguished, we heard in the silent distance, the ManPigs singing to one another.Then as the lights were gone, and we lay together in the deep, they drifted away and all was silent. Such a silent I have never known. And as the dust settled on my open eyes and we lay together embraced forever, I heard, miles above us, the sound of the city turning over in its sleep. A church bell ringing out, and in that moment, the new century was born."

Really interesting and also the last line is referring to the new century which means the start of 1900 as all the notes found in the game all lead up to the start of 1900 which is the beginning of the new century.

And in so the reason for creating the Pigs is so then they can stop the man made disasters of the future by creating docile Pigmen. Well that's my opinon. Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 01:58 PM by Mr.Amnesia.)
09-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Paddy Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 11:01 AM)droog Wrote: A few people are talking about a man in a coffin at the end of the game... where? I must have missed him.

It's not a coffin, it's like an incubator or something. You start off the section standing on a metal walkway and you're facing the direction in which the incubator thing can be seen, and if you turn around and walk the other direction it brings you to the temple/ending Wink

(09-11-2013, 11:04 AM)HamStar Wrote: No, you are absolutely right. And the entire thing with the machine and pigs vs the bourgeois is in a way a reference to the revolution of 1917. Which is why the ending leaves a very bitters-weet taste in your mouth - those horrors do happen, as we know now, living in 2013.

That's the impression I got from it, glad I'm not losing it haha. So, back to my facepalm-inducing 9/11 question! The Twin Towers were referred to as "the brothers", and the only major horrific event involving "two brothers falling" I can think of would be 9/11, but I'm sure there are probably thousands of other examples I just don't know about...

Does the Grunt appear in this game? If so, how do I find him? His files are included in the redist\entities\enemy directory along with all of the other AAMFP ones, but he's the only TDD enemy who appears there, which says to me he must have been put there deliberately.

I'm not sure if I'm oinking up the wrong tree here, but listening to some of the voice over files in the install directory has me wondering if there's another ending.

redist\sounds\vo\16_temple

All of the voice overs in this directory are obviously related to the "Temple" level, which is the final section of the game, yet there seems to be a "happy Machine" and "sad Machine" ending. One in which he pleads Oswald not to ruin his shit, and another in which he's all happy because he got what he wanted. Hmmm...

The 'brothers' are your sons, obviously.
09-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

Anyone found the alt. credits song yet?

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
09-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(09-11-2013, 05:04 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Anyone found the alt. credits song yet?

... WHAT! Back to the Music Files! *INSERT SPEEDY GONZALES SOUND EFFECT*

The International Narcotics Traffic
09-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Ok.. who is this guy: Big Grin

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2585352DAB12FBF1836DCD531B74A43BB82C07D3]
09-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Find
zweikiki Offline

Threads: 0

(09-11-2013, 05:44 PM)droog Wrote: Ok.. who is this guy: Big Grin

Spoiler below!
Maybe Mandus isn't the sole creator of the machine. Maybe the voice on phone/through speakers was this guy in the coffin and not Mandus himself? This guy seems now to be part of the machine. And maybe this guys heart is the one strapped to the machine, just before discovering the temple?
09-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Find
Istrebitel Offline

Threads: 3

Dammit, I don't understand it. Can someone make a legit and complete explanation of everything? It might be cool to fuck with player's heads like that, but I do want to know what actually happened... and so far, I am left with questions...

Don't get me wrong, I adore the game, and I was deeply influenced by the recounted horrors of the 20th century, and all this but... what actually happened? What, how, etc?....

Dammit....
09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

Threads: 1

(09-11-2013, 05:44 PM)droog Wrote: Ok.. who is this guy: Big Grin

Spoiler below!
I think it's the man talking to Mandus over the phone and speaker.

I think, that Mandus somewhat knew he's personality split and his half who wanted to domicile mankind wanted have a back if there was sabotage. Or maybe the last sentence of what Droog said.
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

-edit- nvm
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 07:05 PM by pinkribbonscars.)
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

Hm im still loving THIS scene:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561...reenshots/

Well this showed, that they arent pure monsters at all. In this area you could clearly see them eat, play, talk to each other or sleep.... Like a family or new race... Sweet.
My favourite area with monsters :3

But well my question: Does the machine transform the humans into these things? And are they bound to someone? Or free...

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Find