Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-12-2013, 07:49 AM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:That may explain the enormous amounts of energy required
In the game we see analogue of the nuclear reactor, based on Compound X specs and when we go to restart it, we can literally hear these "radiation crackling sounds", just a bit altered:
[Image: nuclear_reactor.png]

The reactor complex when you first see it resembles a heart.

I kind of wish they furthered this theme of the Machine being a living being. The 'slaughterhouse' could have been a gigantic maw, but as it was it was a little underwhelming - I was hoping to literally end up on the conveyor belts as the concept art had suggested.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 07:54 AM by Alardem.)
09-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah, another Journal entry from the twins in October shows that Mandus was already set about in murdering people in the household as the twins often heard shouting and chains being dragged in the trophy room (which would pick up sounds from the conveyer system inside the center of the house, where there is a bloody chute you find which is likely how Mandus stuffed some of his victims down into the Factory.

I'm actually enjoying replaying this a second time so soon after the initial run. Lots of stuff you understand more clearly and get than the first time around. It also makes some of the earlier notes even more chilling.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 07:54 AM by PathOS.)
09-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

What's with Mandus' comments on Jack the Ripper? He talks about 'introducing the Professor to Jack and his sons.' Did Jack the Ripper work for him? Did he catch the Ripper? Or is he just citing that madman as a reason for his nihilistic breakdown?
09-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-11-2013, 05:04 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Anyone found the alt. credits song yet?
I went through all the music files and the ending song always the same. Except, well, one with chorus and one with just a female singer. This difference you were talking about? Nothing special, tbh.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 07:59 AM by Kein.)
09-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(09-12-2013, 07:58 AM)Kein Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 05:04 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Anyone found the alt. credits song yet?
I went through all the music files and the ending song always the same. Except, well, one with chorus and one with just a female singer. This difference you were talking about? Nothing special, tbh.

The only 'special' thing was that Jessica Curry was probably the singer of the alternate version. And it's pretty amusing for that reason.

"When I Was A Laddy" appears to be a jocular reflection on Mandus' life, by the way.
09-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Ok, another Journal entry from August 1899. Here Mandus talks about the wonders of using the "Brennenburg Compound" to give "life" to a man who'd been trampled to death by a carriage, and then speaks about how he'd save his Sons from death and if need be use the concoction to resurrect them. At first it sorta sounds like he's talking as if his sons are already dead, which would contradict the sons' journal, but then he could be speaking of the visions of their deaths he saw.
09-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(09-12-2013, 08:02 AM)Alardem Wrote:

The only 'special' thing was that Jessica Curry was probably the singer of the alternate version. And it's pretty amusing for that reason.

"When I Was A Laddy" appears to be a jocular reflection on Mandus' life, by the way.
Nope, you guys haven't found it yet. Would be too easy to be in the music folder.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
09-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(09-12-2013, 08:11 AM)Tobi Wrote: Ok, another Journal entry from August 1899. Here Mandus talks about the wonders of using the "Brennenburg Compound" to give "life" to a man who'd been trampled to death by a carriage, and then speaks about how he'd save his Sons from death and if need be use the concoction to resurrect them. At first it sorta sounds like he's talking as if his sons are already dead, which would contradict the sons' journal, but then he could be speaking of the visions of their deaths he saw.

Are his sons zombies?
09-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

(09-12-2013, 08:18 AM)Alardem Wrote: Are his sons zombies?
That would be a twist. But they seem to behave like normal children going by their own journals.

I'm now back in the Factory offices and noted more closely the note about how the offices were designed to be a facade for the factory to make people believe there was a workforce, even though there really isn't one (not a human one).

Also found another Mandus journal from August which he talks about how he hired engineers to built a lot of the machinery since they talked about their experiences constructing the London underground. That's where he mentions the Architect of his that talked of a Giant Iron Egg at the center of the Earth.
(09-12-2013, 07:55 AM)Alardem Wrote: What's with Mandus' comments on Jack the Ripper? He talks about 'introducing the Professor to Jack and his sons.' Did Jack the Ripper work for him? Did he catch the Ripper? Or is he just citing that madman as a reason for his nihilistic breakdown?
Now, I thought the "Jack" he was referring to in the note about the Professor was something else, because he spoke of this after speaking of taking him to see "The Tripery" and then right after that sentence he states "we've made the locks on the windows stronger and we bring their toys to them"

Fun facts about "tripe": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe (the more you know Smile )
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 08:36 AM by PathOS.)
09-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-12-2013, 08:12 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:02 AM)Alardem Wrote:

Nope, you guys haven't found it yet. Would be too easy to be in the music folder.

Well, I listened to all OGG files that are 2 or more Mb and there is no hidden songs so far. Though there is "music_temple_dieses_herz.ogg" in the music folder and I don't recall it playing in the end but since you said it hidden in another directory... Well, if it is less than 2MB then i doubt anyone would even want to bother to listen through thousands files. And if it has different extension than OGG.. I ain't gonna run fulltext search for OGG/WAV/MP3 headers, I love my HDD.

In other words it is not worth it to me.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Find