Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-18-2013, 02:42 PM)Abraxas Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 02:38 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 02:26 PM)Abraxas Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 08:56 AM)Potato Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 10:38 PM)charuchii Wrote: She was really sick, but it is never explicitly said she died. In fact, there is a loading screen that says when Daniel went off to Algeria, she had already lived two years longer than expected.

It all depends on how the player 'played the game'. There's either a loading screen that implied Hazel died, or one that says she lived longer than expected and bid Daniel a safe trip to Algeria.

That was taken out of the official game, though. Hazel lived to see Daniel off to Algeria.

No it wasn't. In the developer commentary you hear them talk about it being in the game. :L

Really? I've played through several times with all endings and never had it implied otherwise...
Maybe that's why I was convinced she died. I remember reading it on TV Tropes even though I did get the "Hazel lives" loading screen.
09-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

I was wondering if anyone had any input on this. Throughout the game we find numerous boxes displaying the same label. It's a drawing of a bird with what I assume to be Chinese characters along the left and right edges of the page, with the words "BIRD BRAND" underneath the image. Here it is:

Spoiler below!
[Image: wdusy.jpg]

I wonder what these boxes contain and if it matters at all to the plot. When I first saw it I assumed it was a Mexican image; the drawing of the bird looks very Central/South American. But then I noticed the Asian characters around the edges. Does anyone here understand those characters and, if so, can you translate them for us?
09-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Find
Parmida Offline

Threads: 0

For all of the game's glory. The only things that creeped me out the most were those FUCKIN' KIDS! I FRIGGIN' HATE KIDS! Especially after ME3's ending and ESPECIALLY that I totally HATE creepy, ghostish KIDS! And kids in general! They make my skin itch! Ugh...the word "Kid" makes my brain hurt...

The game didn't scare me at all. I guess ATTD and Outlast have numbed my fear senses, 'cause I would just run past the enemies. even in the middle of Outlast I would lose the sense and patience for hiding and got annoyed. I would start running. I didn't sense any need to hide.

And even the first few times that I hid from pigs, the pig would just make a bee line, walk up right at me and claw at my face! I don't know how to hide in this game! I was in pitch black and it makes its way right at me! Do they have some supernatural sniffing talent? FUCK those pigs! RUN! Worked every single damn time for me. Even for that burly electric buzz ass pig.

Does anyone know what happens if you don't press the button in the end? What are the differences between pressing it and not pressing it?
09-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(09-18-2013, 06:40 PM)Paddy Wrote: I was wondering if anyone had any input on this. Throughout the game we find numerous boxes displaying the same label. It's a drawing of a bird with what I assume to be Chinese characters along the left and right edges of the page, with the words "BIRD BRAND" underneath the image. Here it is:

Spoiler below!
[Image: wdusy.jpg]

I wonder what these boxes contain and if it matters at all to the plot. When I first saw it I assumed it was a Mexican image; the drawing of the bird looks very Central/South American. But then I noticed the Asian characters around the edges. Does anyone here understand those characters and, if so, can you translate them for us?

I did some research and looky what I found Wink

Spoiler below!
[Image: o55mkn.jpg]

Source: http://glimpsejournal.com/index.php/Glim.../2.1-Cahan

09-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

So The machine probably has a big-ass "MADE IN CHINA" Sticker somewhere on it.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(09-18-2013, 11:14 PM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: So The machine probably has a big-ass "MADE IN CHINA" Sticker somewhere on it.

Hahaha yeah Big Grin

I guess they just chose the image for the boxes randomly, because according to the article those labels date from the early 1900s, and why would Mandus need so many match boxes anyway?

09-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

(09-18-2013, 11:26 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 11:14 PM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: So The machine probably has a big-ass "MADE IN CHINA" Sticker somewhere on it.

Hahaha yeah Big Grin

I guess they just chose the image for the boxes randomly, because according to the article those labels date from the early 1900s, and why would Mandus need so many match boxes anyway?

Yeah, I wrote off the "match box" part because those boxes are EVERYWHERE. Because, lol the implications are hilarious.

"Why do you need all of these matchboxes, my dear fellow?"
"..."
"Mandus?"
"Umm... I kidnap people at night and turn them into pig slaves."
"..."
"Yeah... let's talk about that instead..."

09-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(09-18-2013, 11:06 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I did some research and looky what I found Wink

Spoiler below!
[Image: o55mkn.jpg]

Source: http://glimpsejournal.com/index.php/Glim.../2.1-Cahan

Amazing find, you're a pro!

I wonder if this actually means something within the context of the story or if it's just The Chinese Room's "calling card" haha.
09-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-18-2013, 08:51 PM)Parmida Wrote: Does anyone know what happens if you don't press the button in the end? What are the differences between pressing it and not pressing it?

Just for the sake of an experiment I left the game open at this moment and went to make some tea. And when I came back...
OH GOD
Spoiler below!
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 01:37 AM by Kein.)
09-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Yup. Seems like it was put in there just to give the player the last word.

09-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Find