Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAD, bad controller QA testing
Searinox Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago BAD, bad controller QA testing

Dear FG/TCR,

I am eager to play AAMFP. Alas, it's sad to say I don't think I'll be doing so until a bug is fixed because it is severely detracting and problematic to what is otherwise an experience meant to be savoured slowly, carefully, and without disturbance.

I own a Hama Black Force 2 USB controller and I'm running Windows 7 SP1 x64 with all updates installed. I've also installed the only driver available for the controller. I only use the controller in one specific category of games. Amnesia is not one of them. I do not want or need the controller support.

As soon as I get into game, one of two things can happen:

1. The camera pans slowly to the left.
2. The camera spins to the left at such an impossible pace that it does 50-60 revolutions per second turning my poor Oswald into a neutron star, a pulsar crying out my anguish into the endless void.

Needless to say the game is not playable like this.

Apparently it is possible to remove the Gamepad X/Y axis from the key config menu. Interestingly this DOES NOT stop the controller from spinning the camera!

If I remove the controller during gameplay the game will crash. If I remove the controller and don't plug it in at all, upon launching the game two things can happen:

1. The game actually controls normally! WOOHOO!
2. The camera does the pulsar spin.

I've gone and set the controller sensitivity to 0 in the .ini. This further reduces the chance of this happening. It does NOT stop it. I have found ONE way to truly stop this from happening at all: either uninstall or disable the controller driver via device manager.

If uninstalled, the driver needs to be reinstalled everytime I want to play games with the controller. If disabled it's even worse because Windows asks for a restart!

This is unacceptable.

What I ask for is: I don't know when you could fix it, personally I could care less. But PLEASE: add an .ini or in-game option which can disable and ignore any and all controller input.

For heaven's sake WHAT kind of game tries to register controller input even when the controller is disconnected? And then when I set the sensitivity to ZERO, what reason on earth does it have to still bind to it? WHY is the game so persistently stubborn that it absolutely and totally must pick up controller input as if its life depended on it?!

So PLEASE give us an option to disable all controller support. I don't want it. I don't need it. And I won't be able to play the game as intended until it's done so.

Thank you.
09-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: BAD, bad controller QA testing

If the game is from steam, make sure you have internet for it to update. If the copy is not from steam, have you tried this test .exe file?

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22842.html
09-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Find
Searinox Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: BAD, bad controller QA testing

It appears to work! Thank you!

There is indeed now some fps drop. Guess I'll lower a few things and get back to playing!
09-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Find