Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your Open Al installation.
larz1234 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago Exclamation  FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your Open Al installation.

FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your Open Al installation.

I keep getting this error every time i try to launch the game from steam. This is the first game to ever have this problem. I have searched everywhere for a possible fix or work-around but can't find anything substantial to help me. If anybody knows how to fix this it is GREATLY appreciated as I am really wanting to play this game.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 11:05 PM by larz1234.)
09-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your Open Al installation.

Like the error says the problem is your sound card or the onboard sound, have you installed OpenAL? Have you the latest drivers for your sound card? Do you have some software installed that could be messing with your sound system, like the Razer Synapse 2.0 software or any other similar software?
What is your system, processor, graphics card, sound card, etc?
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 01:56 AM by Argoon.)
09-13-2013, 01:54 AM
Find
larz1234 Offline

Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your Open Al installation.

(09-13-2013, 01:54 AM)Argoon Wrote: Like the error says the problem is your sound card or the onboard sound, have you installed OpenAL? Have you the latest drivers for your sound card? Do you have some software installed that could be messing with your sound system, like the Razer Synapse 2.0 software or any other similar software?
What is your system, processor, graphics card, sound card, etc?

The game should have come with OpenAL in the installation. My sound card is also up to date. I also do not think i have any software that would interfere with launching the game. I have a pretty bare bones Windows 7 running with just some essential programs i need such as MS Word, Chrome, etc. Im running Windows 7 64 bit, 8gb Ram, AMD A8-3520M APU 1.6 Ghz quad core with Radeon HD 6620G. It seems like im running an IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. I suppose that is the maker of my sound card?
09-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Find
Argoon Offline

OpenAll should indeed come with the game, try this fix http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4012.html if it does not work then try installing OpenAll from Amnesia the dark descent because the Openall site seams to be down. If all fails perhaps your sound card do not support OpenAll and so you could also try OpenAll sof is a new version of the free openall version that works only with your CPU for sound calculation instead of sound cards.
09-13-2013, 05:12 AM
Find
larz1234 Offline

(09-13-2013, 05:12 AM)Argoon Wrote: OpenAll should indeed come with the game, try this fix http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4012.html if it does not work then try installing OpenAll from Amnesia the dark descent because the Openall site seams to be down. If all fails perhaps your sound card do not support OpenAll and so you could also try OpenAll sof is a new version of the free openall version that works only with your CPU for sound calculation instead of sound cards.

Thank you for the help. I will try all of these steps and see if I can get it working.

I have tried every possible fix I can think of including all the ones you proposed and I keep getting the same error. I have installed the test patch, copied over the win32.dll and win64.dll files and still nothing. Tried the amnesia the dark decent .dll files too and that did not work either. I have checked to make sure my sound drivers are up to date and they appear to be. I can't be the only one having this problem. Hopefully there will be a patch or a dev can at least give me some advice. I can also clearly see the OpenAL32.dll file that is in the game's folder so I know i have OpenAl installed.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 04:57 PM by larz1234.)
09-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4

Does Amnesia the Dark Descent have sound without problems? If so perhaps uploading the HPL.log for it might help figure out whats wrong.
09-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Find
larz1234 Offline

(09-13-2013, 07:38 PM)someone972 Wrote: Does Amnesia the Dark Descent have sound without problems? If so perhaps uploading the HPL.log for it might help figure out whats wrong.

I do not have Amnesia the Dark Descent. I only have a machine for pigs. I was told that the .dll from the dark descent may work on AMFP but that does not help. Here is my HPL.log:

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 2.13 KB / Downloads: 144)
09-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

First is strange that you add access to the Amnésia dark descent files without the game. Second if you installed the openAll soft as it should then the game has no reason to not detect a openAll sound device. Search the net on how to install openAll soft the right way. I can't help you with more sorry.
09-15-2013, 04:04 AM
Find
larz1234 Offline

(09-15-2013, 04:04 AM)Argoon Wrote: First is strange that you add access to the Amnésia dark descent files without the game. Second if you installed the openAll soft as it should then the game has no reason to not detect a openAll sound device. Search the net on how to install openAll soft the right way. I can't help you with more sorry.

I found a youtube video with instructions to fix this same OpenAl error for amnesia the dark decent, so i tried that fix and it didn't work. Thanks for you help though. I will try to figure out the right way to get OpenAl going.
09-15-2013, 05:11 AM
Find