Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crash in the end
VTTM Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Crash in the end

I'm having this problem and according to Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/app/239200/dis...5595912923), some other people too! We all have different computer configurations and nothing in the Troubleshooting Guide helped.

[SPOILER]

The thing is that after being chased by the pig in the alley and entering the elevator for the next level, it crashes. Right after the loading image.

Only a small window appears and it freezes.
[Image: 0yoy.png]

Please help, at this point I gotta finish the game.
Found the same problem in 2 older posts:

-http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22970.html
-http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22927.html

However, I already checked everything and it is ok.
I'm posting my hpl.log here just in case, because like I said, I've been talking to the other people with the same issue on Steam and they have different pc configurations.

[Update] The HPL is too large to attach or even to post here... But this is the first part:

Version 1.20

-------- THE HPL ENGINE LOG ------------
Creating Engine Modules
--------------------------------------------------------
Creating graphics module
Creating system module
Creating resource module
Creating input module
Creating sound module
Creating physics module
Creating ai module
Creating gui module
Creating generate module
Creating haptic module
Creating scene module

Initializing Resources Module
Creating loader handlers
Creating resource managers
Adding loaders to handlers

Initializing Graphics Module
Init lowlevel graphics: 1366x768 disp:0 bpp:32 fs:1 ms:0 gpufmt:2 cap:'Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs Loading...' pos:(-1x-1)
Setting video mode: 1366 x 768 - 32 bpp
Init Glew...OK
Setting up OpenGL
  Vendor: Intel
  Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
  Version: 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2857
  Max texture image units: 16
  Max texture coord units: 8
  Max user clip planes: 8
  Two sided stencil: 1
  Vertex Buffer Object: 1
  Anisotropic filtering: 1
  Max Anisotropic degree: 16
  Multisampling: 1
  Texture compression: 1
  Texture compression S3TC: 1
  Auto generate MipMaps: 1
  Render to texture: 1
  Max draw buffers: 8
  Max color render targets: 8
  Packed depth-stencil: 1
  Texture float: 1
  GLSL Version: 4.00 - Build 9.17.10.2857
  ShaderModel 2: 1
  ShaderModel 3: 1
  ShaderModel 4: 0
  OGL ATIFragmentShader: 0
ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!
Setting up G-Bugger: type: 0 texturenum: 3
Adding engine materials
Initializing DevIL
  Vendor String: Abysmal Software
  Version String: Developer's Image Library (DevIL) 1.7.8
  Version Number: 178
Adding engine post effects

Initializing Sound Module
Initializing OpenAL
  Available OpenAL devices:
   0. Generic Software on SAMSUNG (Áudio do vídeo Intel(R))(OpenAL default)
   1. Generic Software on Caixas acústicas / fones de ouvido (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
  Trying to open device 'Generic Software on SAMSUNG (Áudio do vídeo Intel(R))'... Success!
  Number of mono sources: 64
  Streaming setup: 8 Buffers x 262144 bytes each

Initializing Game Module
Adding engine updates
Initializing script functions

User Initialization
WARNING: Could not find language file entry 'WelcomeMessage05'

Game Running
-------- Loading map 'menu_bg.map' ---------
    Cache Loading: 600 ms
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 12 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 13 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 14 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 15 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 16 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 17 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 18 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 19 to attach to entity 'spraylock_engines_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/engine_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Sub mesh 'Box001' does not exist in mesh 'fan_spraylock.msh'!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 13 to attach to entity 'spraylock_spray_switch_gauges_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/switch_gauges.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 15 to attach to entity 'spraylock_spray_switch_gauges_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/switch_gauges.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 14 to attach to entity 'spraylock_spray_switch_gauges_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/switch_gauges.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 14 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 15 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 16 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 17 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 18 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 19 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 20 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 21 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 22 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 23 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 24 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 25 to attach to entity 'spraylock_electric_cabin_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/electric_cabin_spraylock.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 28 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 29 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 30 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 31 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 32 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 33 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 34 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 35 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 36 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 37 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 38 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 39 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 40 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 41 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 42 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 43 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 44 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 45 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_1_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door01_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 3 to attach to entity 'spraylock_power_gauges_Body_1' in 'entities/gauges/gauges_spraylock03.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 2 to attach to entity 'spraylock_power_gauges_Body_1' in 'entities/gauges/gauges_spraylock03.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 1 to attach to entity 'spraylock_power_gauges_Body_1' in 'entities/gauges/gauges_spraylock03.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 0 to attach to entity 'spraylock_power_gauges_Body_1' in 'entities/gauges/gauges_spraylock03.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 5 to attach to entity 'spraylock_gauge_inside_1_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/door_valve_gauge_02.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 4 to attach to entity 'spraylock_gauge_inside_1_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/door_valve_gauge_02.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 5 to attach to entity 'spraylock_gauge_inside_2_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/door_valve_gauge_03.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 4 to attach to entity 'spraylock_gauge_inside_2_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/door_valve_gauge_03.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 13 to attach to entity 'spraylock_spray_switch_gauges_1_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/switch_gauge_01.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 12 to attach to entity 'spraylock_spray_switch_gauges_1_Body_1' in 'entities/spraylock/switch_gauge_01.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 49 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_2_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door02_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 50 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_2_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door02_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 51 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_2_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door02_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 52 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_2_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door02_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 53 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_2_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door02_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 54 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_2_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door02_closed.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 55 to attach to entity 'spraylock_door_2_door' in 'entities/spraylock/door02_closed.ent'
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 03:28 AM by VTTM.)
09-13-2013, 03:26 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash in the end

You can attach the HPL log via the attachment option when you are making a reply. It's only seen in FULL REPLY mode, and not the quick reply we have at the bottom.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-13-2013, 05:03 AM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4

If the attachment is larger than 100K you can either zip it and attach it or paste it on pastebin.com and post a link.
09-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The card is not supported so that is why you are having issues. Can try the cache integrity suggestion, the updating drivers suggestion and the running the game on low or medium settings that might help.
09-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Website Find
VTTM Offline

Here goes the complete hpl.

I've tried all of that already... No result.

What intrigues me is that I had no other problems during the whole game. If it's my graphics card, why now?

Attached Files
.zip   hpl.zip (Size: 8.63 KB / Downloads: 134)
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 07:11 PM by VTTM.)
09-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
VTTM Offline

I've tried again and again. Still nothing. People with Nvidia geforce are also reporting the same crash I'm having with Intel HD 4000. I wonder if something else rather than my g card is causing this.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM by VTTM.)
09-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Find
Lordy Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Crash throughout playthrough, now crashing at the same place every time.(SPOILERS)

So I had a problem with not getting past the first zone without the game crashing so I lowered the settings to medium(and eventually low after the game crashed past the first area exit) and I would still get crashes every now and then(which seemed to go away by simply re-going through the doors). now I'm stuck at the part where I go up to the city and then I use an elevator to go back to the heart(crash happens then.) no matter what I do it keeps crashing and I can't work around it.

Windows8, 64-bit
Laptop
I archived the hpl.log file since the max for a text document is 100KB(my hpl.log is roughly 300KB), hope that isn't too much trouble.

Attached Files
.rar   hpl.rar (Size: 4.44 KB / Downloads: 115)
.log   launcher.log (Size: 3.55 KB / Downloads: 119)
.cfg   main_settings.cfg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 117)
09-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Find
VTTM Offline

Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash throughout playthrough, now crashing at the same place every time.(SPOILERS)

It's the exact same problem I posted here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23089.html

Still no solution to it and since people are using different g cards and are having the same issue, I wonder if it really is a matter of the game supporting a certain card or not.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 01:22 AM by VTTM.)
09-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Find
Lordy Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash throughout playthrough, now crashing at the same place every time.(SPOILERS)

I'm using a nividia card. God the crashes killed the game for me so hard tho.
09-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Find
VTTM Offline

(09-14-2013, 01:42 AM)Lordy Wrote: I'm using a nividia card. God the crashes killed the game for me so hard tho.
I know, lots of people on steam say they're using nvidia, too. And the only official answer we all heard so far is that the game doesn't support Intel.

I really don't know. I only do know that I'm thoroughly disappointed. I want to finish it!

I don't intend to sound rude, but I reckon it's my right as a customer to state my opinion.

We shouldn't be expected to have one of the specific g cards that are compatible with the product, as the game should support different cards. It's just my opinion, but you don't make something counting on everybody changing because of it; you'd rather make this thing adaptable to everybody's needs.

It's not because a few famous gamers had a top performance playing it that the general public will. And this is what is happening: I haven't talked to a single person who hasn't had crashing/loading/freezing issues! It's not just a bug during the playthrough, it's something that stops you from playing. And it's not just with Intel.

I really hope they'll find a solution, because seriously, so much for the quality vs time talk when it got delayed!
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 03:37 AM by VTTM.)
09-14-2013, 03:36 AM
Find