Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your Favorite Games of All Time - (AKA the Throughly Fanboying Thread)
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Your Favorite Games of All Time - (AKA the Throughly Fanboying Thread)

(09-19-2013, 08:38 AM)Jim Wrote:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 516243_21488_front.jpg]
This game makes me so happy. Hopefully one day, Sega can capture lightning in a bottle again.

Oh god, yes. I used to play this on the SCHTHACK server for PC a couple months ago since the actual servers were shut down. It was quite a nice run til I found out it had a virus type file in it. I had to uninstall and was sad to not be able to play it anymore =[

PSO2 for PC is available in Japan now, and there are ways of out-of-country players like EU and NA to torrent it and get language patches, but I'm sitting here hoping that they'll eventually release to NA soon. I don't want to have to go through that whole process. My sister has it working though, so it's possible.

I can't believe I forgot about this game. Used to play it like crazy! Rare drops and events were the best. :D
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 05:26 AM by Statyk.)
09-20-2013, 05:24 AM
Find
Jim Offline

Threads: 3

(09-20-2013, 05:24 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(09-19-2013, 08:38 AM)Jim Wrote:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 516243_21488_front.jpg]
This game makes me so happy. Hopefully one day, Sega can capture lightning in a bottle again.

Oh god, yes. I used to play this on the SCHTHACK server for PC a couple months ago since the actual servers were shut down. It was quite a nice run til I found out it had a virus type file in it. I had to uninstall and was sad to not be able to play it anymore =[

PSO2 for PC is available in Japan now, and there are ways of out-of-country players like EU and NA to torrent it and get language patches, but I'm sitting here hoping that they'll eventually release to NA soon. I don't want to have to go through that whole process. My sister has it working though, so it's possible.

I can't believe I forgot about this game. Used to play it like crazy! Rare drops and events were the best. Big Grin

Sega pretty much hate America, so PSO2 isn't coming to North America any time soon, if ever. Give the JP version a try. It's not AMAZING, but it beats the shit out of Phantasy Star Universe. Plus, the game has been fan-patched and is like 80% translated to English now, if not more. (Most importantly, the menu being in English helps a LOT.)

I'm Lv. 50-something and I frequently help people out with PSO2-related issues on pso-world.com. (I wrote the guide on how to purchase AC that's in the sticky!)

My name on there is "Jim" as well.

On topic: Speaking of Sega... Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine!

09-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Find
LazyGunn Offline

Threads: 0

I'll go with Thief 2 (PC), Damocles (Amiga), Super Probotector/Contra 3 (SNES)

Honorable mentions to Rez (PS2), Frontier (I played it on the Amiga 1200 in NTSC mode)

I dunno if i'm meant to say Amnesia. It's not really up there but later games by the studio could be classics (Especially how each game has grown from the previous, aside from apparent gameplay dumbing in Machine For Pigs)
09-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(09-19-2013, 03:42 PM)jeVonns Wrote: My Current Favourites
Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs
Cry of Fear
Grey
Black Snow
Siren Series
GTA V (Runnin down Cyclists)

Cry of Fear
Grey
Black Snow

These aren't even games lol
09-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-21-2013, 03:08 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(09-19-2013, 03:42 PM)jeVonns Wrote: My Current Favourites
Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs
Cry of Fear
Grey
Black Snow
Siren Series
GTA V (Runnin down Cyclists)

Cry of Fear
Grey
Black Snow

These aren't even games lol

(09-14-2013, 11:18 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: 4. You can post mods, and free games if they hold up as the best experience you've had when playing a game.

See it now?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Find