Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Possible solution for lag problem
djc23 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Possible solution for lag problem

I've noticed there seem to be alot of lag threads for the various Penumbra and I recently solved the lag problem I was having in Overture. It was lagging no matter what settings I used but using this list here:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
And disabling unneccessary startup processes in MSCONFIG fixed it. If you don't know how to get into MSCONFIG just go
Start->Run and type in MSCONFIG. The startup tab is the one you want and just work through the list, using that site I linked to, to find which processes aren't needed. You will most likely find you have some superfluous mouse/keyboard/soundcard processes for functionality you never use.

Hope this helps some people.
09-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Find
2Kings Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Possible solution for lag problem

djc23 Wrote:I've noticed there seem to be alot of lag threads for the various Penumbra and I recently solved the lag problem I was having in Overture. It was lagging no matter what settings I used but using this list here:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
And disabling unneccessary startup processes in MSCONFIG fixed it. If you don't know how to get into MSCONFIG just go
Start->Run and type in MSCONFIG. The startup tab is the one you want and just work through the list, using that site I linked to, to find which processes aren't needed. You will most likely find you have some superfluous mouse/keyboard/soundcard processes for functionality you never use.

Hope this helps some people.

this does not fix the problem but thanks for trying
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Find
djc23 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Possible solution for lag problem

2Kings Wrote:this does not fix the problem but thanks for trying
That's too bad would you be able to list the processes you still have set to go on startup? Just to see if I can figure out anything. I found out the offending program for me was mppds.exe a Trojan, I suspect other people won't have the same one. Sometimes they masquerade as real processes, so you might not have turned it off.

Just to clarify you lag is mouse one right? That is wasd movement is smooth but as soon as you move the mouse it lags?
09-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Find