Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

(09-26-2013, 04:34 PM)Patrik Wrote: New version is up!
  • Restores the Custom Stories option in the main menu.
  • Fixes lean bug and improves using the Lean action with a mouse.
  • Adds a bunch of math functions to script.
  • Includes updated lang.
  • Includes zlibwapi.dll
  • Fixes crash when loading some fbx files.
Let me know if any of these issues remain.

(09-26-2013, 04:32 PM)Amn Wrote: And about those few huge entities, the .ent is fine, it's the actual .dae that it's not being handled well. I suppose.
Just to name some huge models:
[i]tesla_lamp_ball.ent
tesla_lamp_red.ent
cello.ent

Thanks. I was able to reproduce this. Will look into it.

(09-26-2013, 08:49 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: Everything just stops responding before the editor has a chance to give me the crash details.

The latest update should stop the editor from crashing, though while the mesh seems to load fine, I wasn't able to get the model to show up textured.
Could you try exporting it as a dae file and check if it works then?

Patrik, I have a full conversion that uses the testing Amnesia.exe because it has no custom story option (which I want to be the case). Is it safe to keep using the beta .exe and package that with my FC or will that cause issues later?

Additionally, sounds I apply to maps seem to be 'forgotten' when I re-open them. EDIT: Actually, I can't even create ambient sounds anymore. I can play the sound object, but when trying to give it a file location for the base sound, I select it, and it just simply remains blank. Tried multiple sound effects. My backup version of LevelEditor.exe still works.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 06:48 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
09-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(09-26-2013, 05:25 PM)Apjjm Wrote: Calling SetBodyMass while interacting with props has some weird results. Adjusting the mass while holding the prop results in the mass getting reset after letting go

That's by design. When grabbing an object its mass is temporarily lowered, so it's not something that will be changed.
09-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

It seems "SetupLoadScreen" is currenlty a broken function right now. Whenever it is in a .hps file, the immediately following map causes a crash.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Find
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5

I have managed to import some objects, most of them work fine but some of them are invisible is this a glitch or did i import them wrong? Also some of the objects are EXTREMELY large. Although looking more into categories like engine room it seems alot of the objects are invisible or oversized. Also the gameplay entities section causes me to crash in the editor when i put amfp assets into it.

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 10:54 PM by Tychaos.)
09-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

You should be more specific than that if you want those problems fixed :)
Try explaining which models are invisible, which ones are extremely large, how large and if you can scale them down to an appropriate size.
It only takes a couple more seconds and it's a lot more helpful :p

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
09-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Find
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5

(09-27-2013, 01:54 AM)Kia Wrote: You should be more specific than that if you want those problems fixed Smile
Try explaining which models are invisible, which ones are extremely large, how large and if you can scale them down to an appropriate size.
It only takes a couple more seconds and it's a lot more helpful :p
I just didnt want to say every last thing since there are quite a few of them mixed and matched throughout entities and static objects. And yes it does seem most of them can just be scaled down. I was just mentioning that there are still some models that can be a bit glitchy.

Also I have found that the man pigs, engineer and tesla will not move and just stand there walking on spot if they try to get to you. And yes i have placed path nodes. Also as others have mentioned before the sounds will get blanked out when starting up the game or leaving the editor.

Otherwise i find everything is working great and I am thankful for you putting the time into doing this!

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 02:17 AM by Tychaos.)
09-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(09-26-2013, 04:34 PM)Patrik Wrote: The latest update should stop the editor from crashing, though while the mesh seems to load fine, I wasn't able to get the model to show up textured.
Could you try exporting it as a dae file and check if it works then?

The editor no longer crashes! Sometimes the object will import without its textures applied with FBX files.

The DAE files work perfectly, even though the scaling issues still remain with both the FBX and DAE files. Other than that the textures work and the models work.

I'm about to try an object made out of different objects to see how it goes when I import it. Before the update the object would jumble up all of the other objects it was made with.

Results:

Spoiler below!

In the level editor it works perfectly!
The model is made out of several pieces and it all comes together nicely.
[Image: 9ZgitmH.png]

Spoiler below!

However, once it's in the engine, the billboards and particle systems around the globe have moved
[Image: edjvUs8.jpg]

-to the other side of the room on the floor.
[Image: 3icjzmT.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 05:53 AM by Tesseract.)
09-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(09-27-2013, 02:16 AM)Tychaos Wrote: Also I have found that the man pigs, engineer and tesla will not move and just stand there walking on spot if they try to get to you. And yes i have placed path nodes. Also as others have mentioned before the sounds will get blanked out when starting up the game or leaving the editor.

To you and anyone else having this issue:
Are you using the AMFP .ent files or are you creating new ones for the pig models? The AMFP entity files will not work for the ManPigs, the reason being that just porting everything over line by line would have messed up the grunts.

(09-27-2013, 05:31 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: The editor no longer crashes! Sometimes the object will import without its textures applied with FBX files.

So you mean some FBX files work and some don't? Are you using different options when exporting them? Especially check your options for exporting tangents as that was where it crashed before.

(09-26-2013, 06:12 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Patrik, I have a full conversion that uses the testing Amnesia.exe because it has no custom story option (which I want to be the case). Is it safe to keep using the beta .exe and package that with my FC or will that cause issues later?

I wouldn't recommend it. The version without that option has a lot of bugs as you can see in this thread, so probably better to use the proper update when it's released.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 07:49 AM by Patrik.)
09-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(09-27-2013, 07:27 AM)Patrik Wrote: I wouldn't recommend it. The version without that option has a lot of bugs as you can see in this thread, so probably better to use the proper update when it's released.

Any chance you guys can release a separate .exe for people who make full conversions? I know it would be useful for a large amount of people who don't want the Custom Stories option. If its too much work, it isn't the end of the world either Big Grin

09-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Find
jamesclarke555 Offline

Threads: 2

(09-27-2013, 08:08 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Any chance you guys can release a separate .exe for people who make full conversions? I know it would be useful for a large amount of people who don't want the Custom Stories option. If its too much work, it isn't the end of the world either Big Grin

I would also be interested in this. Or can we edit the exe ourselves to remove the option?

- Parasomnia -
[Image: SxShD]
09-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Find