Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Randomized Ambient Sounds for Larger Maps?
BonesTheRabbit Offline

Threads: 20
Randomized Ambient Sounds for Larger Maps?

So, I'm trying to add some randomized ambient sounds for a map that I'm working on. Something akin to the way the cellar (05_wine_cellar.hps) works in the original Amnesia game.

The problem is, my map is very large, and it's taking a fairly significant amount of time to set up optimized sound areas. Is there a more streamlined option, where sounds can be played in approximation to the player's position rather than at a specific entity or area?

I still want the positional element involved, to add to the sense of immersion, but it's getting a bit redundant to have fifty sound points solely for ambient elements.
10-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Randomized Ambient Sounds for Larger Maps?

Perhaps this will work, For some reason this was not put under the sound category
[Image: mGfqh7h.png]
10-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

(10-20-2013, 07:47 PM)The Mug Wrote: Perhaps this will work, For some reason this was not put under the sound category
[Image: mGfqh7h.png]

That's a pretty good option. Still wondering if there's a way to create a positional element, though. Do you know if an entity or area can be created at a custom X, Y, Z position via scripts?
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM by BonesTheRabbit.)
10-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Not with the current scripts but I believe it will be possible when the update comes out, Look here for a list of the functions the update currently in testing will bring
10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

Well, that's both disappointing and exciting at the same time. I suppose I'll use the aforementioned function to save time on development and keep things optimized, then. Thanks kindly, The Mug.
10-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Find