Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Raindrop Survival Horror Kickstarter
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
Raindrop Survival Horror Kickstarter

Found this kickstarter game called Raindrop via a PC-Gamer article.
Definitely seems like something that would interest the Frictional Games community so I felt I had to share it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1847...raindrop-0
10-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23
RE: Raindrop Survival Horror Kickstarter

yay more kickstarter
just kidding
Kickstarter is modernizing crowd-funding, making everybodies life easier.
just kidding again
people should stop using kickstarter and get things done themselves.
just kidding for the third time
But seriously kickstarter has been overused, can we find another person who can make a decent game without having the Internet back them up?
10-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-28-2013, 09:31 PM)Dagrocks Wrote: But seriously kickstarter has been overused, can we find another person who can make a decent game without having the Internet back them up?

Overused how? It transfers the power to greenlight projects from big shot producers over to the consumers, so instead of having the market saturated with dumbed-down games that pleases the majority, people have the power to fund projects that they are genuinely interested in. It makes it so developers don't have to turn to publishers who arbitrarily decide what gets published and they don't have to make games by other people's parameters in order to make enough money to cover the costs. The costs are all accounted for - any profit from sales goes directly into the developer's pockets. I mean yeah, it is perfectly possible to make a game for nothing, but if there are people willing to support projects, why put developers through the torment? The amount of legendary projects that would not have been made without Kickstarter is huge by this point.
10-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

what happens if they dont make their goal?

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
10-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-31-2013, 05:33 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: what happens if they dont make their goal?

Unfortunately Kickstarter's Terms of Use are vague when it comes to that. It says that if successfully funded projects are cancelled or the project creator cannot fulfill the promised rewards, the backers are entitled to a refund. However, it doesn't say anything about unsuccessfully funded projects. I think technically speaking they are not obliged to pay you back - reminds me of The Producers in a way.
10-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Find