Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are you the only one here that...?
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: Are you the only one here that...?

(12-04-2013, 08:33 PM)Mechavomit Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 07:26 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 07:16 PM)Mechavomit Wrote: I hate anime

u wot m8 ill bash ur fokken head in m8 i swear on me weifu

[Image: Yuru-Yuri00140-325x182.jpg]

But seriously, why?
Most of it (emphasis on this) is just cancer and is killing the creativity and talent in young minds. It pains me to see that a seemingly talented kid is drawing the same boring anime girls instead of developing their own, original style. Anime pictures are pretty uninspired, with very few exceptions.
Also as someone, who loves animation, I can't stand the static-ness of it. Anime uses 7 fps as opposed to traditional 12 fps and even then the picture barely moves.

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I don't care. That's just what I think.
So you like the animation and artstyle over story? I must agree with you in some sort, animes are getting repetive and lazily made, but not all, there's still a lot good series airing with good art and good animation, take bakemonogatari for instance.
It must have one of the most unique art styles anime ever had.
You're just being too narrow minded in my opinion.
12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Find
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0

(12-04-2013, 09:36 PM)Amn Wrote: But what random people do with anime -or any other thing- shouldn't affect you at all.

Are you gonna start hating horror games just because someone made a bad one?

The static-ness in anime you mention is just for some animes that don't need it cause it's more about content than frames per second.

Most of animes are like deep novels in which drawing is secondary. And if it were acted with real persons, it wouldn't be as good.

Maybe because how the drawing style allows the characters to better express emotions.

I think you're just not watching the correct ones, ergo you're missing epic animes, sir.
If horror games were affecting every second game ever made by a potentially skilled person, if every second person that decide to try developing games was copying that one horror game we've all seen a billion times - then yes, I probably would.
Imo, the drawing style in anime does exactly the opposite - it suppresses visual emotion. A lot. Compared to western and European animation, it's very stiff. If that's what you meant.
(12-04-2013, 09:45 PM)Red Wrote: So you like the animation and artstyle over story? I must agree with you in some sort, animes are getting repetive and lazily made, but not all, there's still a lot good series airing with good art and good animation, take bakemonogatari for instance.

It must have one of the most unique art styles anime ever had.

You're just being too narrow minded in my opinion.
Why can't we have both? There have many animated features with an amazing story and amazing visuals. I don't see why we have to sacrifice one for the other.
Yes, like said, I know there are really interesting styles, there are really original stories too. I have a few favorites, some of them have the most boring design imaginable and I enjoyed them a lot (Natsume's book of friends, i.e.), but on average? I can't say that the stories are something really that special. Not -bad-, just I wouldn't watch even if they were live action., CGI, etc. Maybe that's because I'm extremely picky..
12-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I'm the only one in my circle who knows what Furries and Bronies are.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
12-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(12-04-2013, 03:14 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 11:26 AM)Abraxas Wrote: That's another thing for me: the thought of handing my consciousness over to a foreign substance irks me for some reason.
Yeah, I've had some decent wines in the past. But then again, that's wine. But I still can't bring myself to drink it regularly. Even in a mudslide, I still tasted the vodka and almost choked. So I've tried liking it, but I think it's a combination of my aversion to the drinking culture around here (also being pretty darned introverted) and my family's history of alcoholism that's contributed to my attitude.
I've seen Scotch in excess of $300, and I honestly can't wrap my head around spending that much on liquor, but different strokes, I guess. I've heard people praise it a lot, but frankly given my lack of experience in alcohol in general, my palette probably wouldn't tolerate it.

You're not missing out on much, I just wanted to point out that there is low quality stuff and high quality stuff as with everything else. I'm not a regular drinker myself - somewhat of a teetotaler in fact, but that burning feeling you get as millions of cells in your throat die a horrible death is some nice stuff IMO - with cheap alcohol it just feels abrasive rather than warm.

Funny you should bring that up. At first, I was curious about the 'warmth' that people get when they drank something good, so after my first try at hard liquor I was quite surprised lol. Haven't gone near the stuff since.Tongue

12-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(12-04-2013, 08:33 PM)Mechavomit Wrote: Most of it (emphasis on this) is just cancer and is killing the creativity and talent in young minds. It pains me to see that a seemingly talented kid is drawing the same boring anime girls instead of developing their own, original style. Anime pictures are pretty uninspired, with very few exceptions.

Do you realize what this sounds like to me? I'll elaborate in an example of mine.

It's like someone who has created a nifty style which fastly becomes popular. Then everyone slowly starts hoping onto the wagon, and mimicking the style. And then, the original creators of the nifty style are now shunned, because everyone points to them, and said that their invention of the creative style has doomed everyone...despite it having been good in the first place, and simply just having been adopted.

In a nutshell what I'm trying to say is that you're directing your distaste in the wrong direction. Don't blame anime for killing creativity, and producing generic art. Blame the artists who choose to squander their talent by doing so instead of working towards more unique stuff.

It's like hating a show for its fandom rather than hating the fandom itself. The show is completely innocent, and it's the fans who decide what to do with it.

(12-05-2013, 12:25 AM)Mechavomit Wrote: Why can't we have both? There have many animated features with an amazing story and amazing visuals. I don't see why we have to sacrifice one for the other.
Yes, like said, I know there are really interesting styles, there are really original stories too. I have a few favorites, some of them have the most boring design imaginable and I enjoyed them a lot (Natsume's book of friends, i.e.), but on average? I can't say that the stories are something really that special. Not -bad-, just I wouldn't watch even if they were live action., CGI, etc. Maybe that's because I'm extremely picky..

We can have both certainly! Keep in mind that anime is just another style (Maybe even genre) of animation much like how action films are a genre of movies in general.

There are goods, and bads coming from every genre, and each one has their own of share of "generic stereotypes" that the more lackluster productions seem to always be based off of. It is a bit silly imo to proclaim that you hate the whole style when there are definitely ups, and downs in the entire thing.

What would people say to me if I said I hated action films? I'm sure they would give me many examples of what good action films there are forcing me to re-adjust my statement into I hate "generic action films" which is something much more reasonable to say than hating an entire style.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(12-04-2013, 03:08 AM)Chronofrog Wrote: i'm the only one in my circle who likes horror games

Me too!

12-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I'm the only one in my circle of friends that finds sex utterly repulsive. I get made fun of a lot for it. I'm also the only person in my group to make openly racist jokes, for the sake of critiquing the sensitive and ignorant community I live in. Or, you know, to piss people off.
12-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Find
Danarogon AP Offline

Threads: 4

(12-05-2013, 08:34 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: A I'm the only one in my circle of friends that finds sex utterly repulsive.

B I'm also the only person in my group to make openly racist jokes

B: I agree with this. I find it hilarious on how saying that something is black automatically makes it racist for some fucking reason. Almost as if it is an unnamed law of physics that we have to obey.

A: Pffff Hahahaha...

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 02:01 AM by Danarogon AP.)
12-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

Oh no. Oh God, no, what have I done?

12-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-06-2013, 02:34 AM)Abraxas Wrote: Oh no. Oh God, no, what have I done?

LMAO

[Image: luv.gif]
12-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Find