Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are you the only one here that...?
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Are you the only one here that...?

(12-04-2013, 11:04 AM)Bridge Wrote: I'm also not a huge fan of sexual desire personally.

HeartHeartHeart
12-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(12-04-2013, 11:04 AM)Bridge Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 03:01 AM)Abraxas Wrote: I also hate hard liquor, and most alcohol in general. I've had cough syrup that goes down better. I honestly don't get what the big deal is.

Well, the big deal for most people is to get intoxicated so they will drink the most vile stuff if it means they can get drunk cheaply. There are some very good spirits out there though, like cognac and old Scotch. They take years, sometimes decades to produce so you really get what you pay for with them (as in the price is not arbitrary usually). The extravagant culture surrounding these drinks may seem pretentious as hell (and to some extent it's been proven to be) but to a large extent what connoisseurs say is true.

Anyway, as for me I hate loud music with a burning passion and I also hate most popular forms of music. To be honest I largely hate popular forms of all artistic mediums. I'm also not a huge fan of sexual desire personally.

That's another thing for me: the thought of handing my consciousness over to a foreign substance irks me for some reason.
Yeah, I've had some decent wines in the past. But then again, that's wine. But I still can't bring myself to drink it regularly. Even in a mudslide, I still tasted the vodka and almost choked. So I've tried liking it, but I think it's a combination of my aversion to the drinking culture around here (also being pretty darned introverted) and my family's history of alcoholism that's contributed to my attitude.
I've seen Scotch in excess of $300, and I honestly can't wrap my head around spending that much on liquor, but different strokes, I guess. I've heard people praise it a lot, but frankly given my lack of experience in alcohol in general, my palette probably wouldn't tolerate it.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 02:20 PM by VaeVictis.)
12-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Are we talking about beer now?

Um. . .

My mommy let me sip the last drop from her bottle. It was icky.
12-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Call Of Duty or Counter Strike, everyone praises and plays it in my circle.

Todays Pop-music.

Todays movies, friends think i am a jerk, because i don't like
overrated and gliched hollywood movies.

Cars, i own one but don't especially praise them over life or tune them for fun.

etc etc.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 02:01 PM by Red.)
12-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

- I dont like Leauge of legends or DOTA2,
- TF2 is not bad but it got boring for me and i'm not playing it anymore, UNLIKE 95% OF THIS FORUM
- I dont drink to get drunk. I do drink alcohol occasionally on weekends when i go out with my friends, i also participate when they mix things up and try stuff but i dont do it for the sake of getting drunk. I do it for the taste.

As for what i do/like and they dont:

1. DANCING
2. playing with lighter for no reason
3. Their definition of being in love and having a girl is buying beer for them and getting drunk with them (believe it or not, girls here have the same definition)
4. Really thin pizza

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
12-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

(12-04-2013, 02:00 PM)Red Wrote: Call Of Duty or Counter Strike, everyone praises and plays it in my circle.

Todays Pop-music.

Todays movies, friends think i am a jerk, because i don't like
overrated and gliched hollywood movies.

Cars, i own one but don't especially praise them over life or tune them for fun.

etc etc.

Had people quite annoyed with me when I said that I DIDN'T think The Hangover was the funniest thing ever.

12-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

In this thread: Opinions, opinions everywhere *Hearty, and nervous chuckle*

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

(12-04-2013, 02:45 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: In this thread: Opinions, opinions everywhere *Hearty, and nervous chuckle*

Wasn't my intention!
I think it's going well enough. I never really thought of it as going beyond media preferences. Just preferences to things that seem to against a current trend or subculture.

12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(12-04-2013, 02:45 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: In this thread: Opinions, opinions everywhere *Hearty, and nervous chuckle*

well obviously thats teh point, krekkers

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
12-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-04-2013, 11:26 AM)Abraxas Wrote: That's another thing for me: the thought of handing my consciousness over to a foreign substance irks me for some reason.
Yeah, I've had some decent wines in the past. But then again, that's wine. But I still can't bring myself to drink it regularly. Even in a mudslide, I still tasted the vodka and almost choked. So I've tried liking it, but I think it's a combination of my aversion to the drinking culture around here (also being pretty darned introverted) and my family's history of alcoholism that's contributed to my attitude.
I've seen Scotch in excess of $300, and I honestly can't wrap my head around spending that much on liquor, but different strokes, I guess. I've heard people praise it a lot, but frankly given my lack of experience in alcohol in general, my palette probably wouldn't tolerate it.

You're not missing out on much, I just wanted to point out that there is low quality stuff and high quality stuff as with everything else. I'm not a regular drinker myself - somewhat of a teetotaler in fact, but that burning feeling you get as millions of cells in your throat die a horrible death is some nice stuff IMO - with cheap alcohol it just feels abrasive rather than warm.
12-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Find