Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DEAD BACON
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Codename: Project Dead Baon IFC WIP Thread

I think what makes this picture look weird is the lighting ^^. There is no visible source of light, still it's pretty bright. That's why it looks so flat imo. Kind of the same thing on other screenshots, I feel like the lack of light sources makes the screenshot look empty or simply too dark : ).

Hopefully you'll solve this problem easily, I wish you good luck !

12-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Brightened Screenshots now uploaded to imgur http://imgur.com/a/pAvgq
The link is also available in the main post as a hyperlink.

On the topic on the only bright screenshot your voices have been heard and I promise that the lighting in this room will be improved prior to release. I disagree that theres no lightsource though, as there's clearly barricaded windows in the background which should give out a little light through the gaps, though not near as much in the screenshot.

Regarding the flat look I might try adding a bump map to the AAMFP bricks to make them seem a little less flat, though that will be considered as polish so I cant guarantee it.

Thanks for the feedback.
12-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

Love the screenshots! I'm glad that they don't have that classic amnesia feeling to them! Refreshing!

12-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

UPDATE 02:

Lots of scripting this time around, first level is almost ready for alpha 1, just a few "holes" here and there I gotta fill for it to be ready.

-Added and finished up encounters, the last one is pretty awesome in my honest opinion.
-Added new puzzle
-Finished blocking out the map, playable from start to end with acceptable amount of detail.
-Added 3 brief notes, 2 of them labeled as extra so you have to explore a little if you want to find them.
-Books to bookshelfes. this takes a lot of time, so yes it is worth mentioning.
-Added new paintings
12-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Any screenies >w< ?

12-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

PROJECT DEADBACON IS SEEKING SUPPORT IN THE AREA OF MAPPING

Specifically I am seeking someone who is dedicated enough to read this document about who we are seeking: http://www.mediafire.com/view/7nhr9u36ef...cation.pdf

While I am aiming for 1 mapper, recruiting 2 might also be an option if we find 2 people who seem very interested in the project.

We are aiming for someone who can do 4 maps in a period of 4-6 months, but with the individual map being playable(not pretty but ready for scripting) in 2-3 weeks hopefully.

PROJECT DEAD-BACON IS SEEKING TESTERS!

Testing is key and it is best done as early as possible so the necessary changes can still be made and not just bug testing.

Therefore I am seeking 2-3 testers to play the Alpha01 of Project DeadBacon and answer some questions regarding it.

If possible I would very much appreciate if I could get one or 2 of the testers to Record or Stream their testing playthrough as you can learn a lot from those, though someone who is just willing to play the Alpha and answer questions afterwards is very much fine too.

If you are considering joining as a mapper but uncertain about the project then maybe playing the Alpha might be a good way to learn more about it?

If you wish to do testing then please send me a message in which you give me the following info:
(contact information can be found in the bottom of the mapper application document linked above)

Skype name
In what way you wish to perform the testing(answer questions only? Record? Stream? Other?)
your Timezone
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 03:12 PM by WALP.)
12-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Codename: Project Dead Baon IFC WIP[Seeking Mapper&Testers]]

UPDATE 3:
Mainly management this time around, that stuff is important too, gotta get some more people onboard.
Had a bit of a slowdown but considering its holiday I guess this is the best time it could happening(still whispering execution to my human though).

-Alpha01 is now should now be ready, bugs have been fixed here and there and most holes have been filled, not exactly certain how much has been filled since last update though.
-Written a application for mapper
-Finished writing necessary dialogue for first recruiting of voice actors
-Started on implementing placeholder dialogues, but only just started.
-Added AAMFP recap poem
-Ate cookies.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 09:11 PM by WALP.)
12-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Codename: Project Dead Baon IFC WIP[Seeking Mapper&Testers]]

I'm available to beta test this Smile

I have beta-tested many mods from the creators and they know what I'm doing and how I send feedback for them. So pick me Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
12-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

RE: DEAD BACON[Seeking Mapper&Testers]

UPDATE 4:
Sadly things slowed down in the holiday, better get my shit together and do some magic! GAH!

-completely reorganized mod folder manually to support all unique AAMFP assets.
-Implemented placeholder dialogue parts to first level(4)
-Implemented first iteration of introduction
-Fixed issues with first alpha of Dead Bacon
-Performed test and interviewed first alpha tester.
-Finished side and front sketch of character "Enoch"
-Updated lighting and detail in Main screenshot for better presentation

ALSO WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A MAPPER!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 03:12 PM by WALP.)
12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

RE: DEAD BACON [seeking mapper]

UPDATE 5:

I swear I was certain the stamina system was already there last time but it seems I have the memory of an old man. Development Speed is increasing but I hear Mandus boys in my head going "Faster! Faster!".
I get you some updated and some new screens soon

-Wrote Thread for Seeking of voice actors on Voice Actors Alliance Forums
You can read it here
-Added Further placeholder dialogue to first level
-Added Decals to 50-70%(Vague I know) of first map, as well as some further detail.
-Not a biggie but I added an experimental very very faint brownish fog to the level to make it overall look dusty, and let me tell you I really like the feel its giving off, But at the same time I really like the creepy contrast you get when having it off so it will probably take a while to decide, for now I will keep it on.
-Added WalkingStick Oriented Stamina system, You now rely on thy walkingstick Old man!
Pretty fluid and immersive right now, but I hope to get a voice actor to do some new pants for the old man.
-Added a Toilet!

ALSO WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A MAPPER!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 03:13 PM by WALP.)
01-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Find