Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level editor crashed, and the recently opened map becomes empty.
Rector Offline

Threads: 5
Level editor crashed, and the recently opened map becomes empty.

Hello. I am doing a TC project, and while editing a map, the level editor froze, and it went an hour without it turning back to normal operation.
I saw no other option than to force shut-down it via Task Manager, which apparently was a stupid (but maybe the only) decision.

Then, the results were displayed with the map (previously 1 MB) went to a complete 0 kb size. I can open it in the level editor, but it's empty, nothing there at all.

I do have a cache memory, though I don't know how to (or if I can, but I believe it's possible) restore the map via the cache.

Please, I would love some help quickly. I will also backup all maps further on, so this does not happen again.

Cheers!
Rector
12-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Level editor crashed, and the recently opened map becomes empty.

If you mean .map_cache it should not be possible to recover using those, as they are (in broad words) for storing temporary things like physics and some performance things and such for the individual map.
12-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Find
Rector Offline

Okay, thanks for the quick answer!

If that's the case, I'm afraid I have to rebuild everything in the map. [insert censured words here].
12-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Moved to ADS. If you made a map, did not save it at any point and then the app crashed then of course nothing would have been saved. The tools are not very stable sometimes so make sure you save your changes regularly.
12-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Find
Rector Offline

I did save it at several times since I've been working on it for a couple of days. The strange matter is that I was moving a light object, and that caused the whole editor to crash (not a BlackBox, it stopped responding completly). It might just have been that the editor tried to (over)write something when I moved the object, and it froze and crashed.

I don't know, but from this, I don't see any other option than to begin all over with the map

Thanks for moving the thread to the right place. Was lazy not to search around for the exakt place to put it.
12-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Find