Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Which is your favorite room/location in Amnesia TDD?
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Which is your favorite room/place in Amnesia TDD?

(12-26-2013, 05:54 PM)daortir Wrote: I'd say my favorite areas are the Transept (oh my god this lighting oh my god oh my gawd oh gawd so pretty), the Back Hall because it just felt so good to be safe again(.ogg), and the archives.

Those areas seemed very unique to me : the Transept is visually wonderful, the Back Hall had an incredible feeling about it (probably because chase sequences are VERY effective on me, so I just felt incredebly relieved to enter this map, and there is just something with the atmosphere of the Archives that I love.

I can't really explain why I like the Archives, there is something about the long-lost, forgotten library, that I truly appreciate in any game I play. Oh, and this part is also scary as hell when you walk through it for the first time x)...

Same here. Such a lonely atmosphere of an abandoned, old and mysterious Library + spooky winter mixed with rain and other stuff, fog outside the windows make this location an unique to me, and I also really like old archives.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 09:46 PM by Slanderous.)
12-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Find
thebugerror Offline

Threads: 1

tunnels where water appears and you are hunted by invisible water monster. It makes my heart pounding so much Smile.
12-31-2013, 06:35 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Yeah, the chase with the water monster in the second map of the flooded archives was the moment I became an Amnesia addict : 3

12-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Find
Pingwing Offline

Threads: 1

My favorite rooms were actually the normal office rooms with a desk, light, paintings on the wall and carpets on the floor with nice patterns. I also liked the kitchen.

The most horrible places were the water tunnel (because of time pressure) and before the choir:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F483Pf6CAnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysD5ap_wlsQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNK_m34SHU
01-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Website Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Normal office room ? You mean the room above the transept ? Or the archives ? Or the study ? : >

01-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Find
Onlinezigeuner Away

Threads: 0

My favorite rooms are kinda the Library, Archive, Study and in second place the Storage and Wine Cellar.
I prefer the classy and familiar places where people actually have eaten, worked, lived and slept. It felt more open, but they are the most atmospheric in my opinion.

Anyway all places are great in Amnesia.
01-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Website Find
Applenut Offline

Threads: 2

I loved the wine cellar Smile
01-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Storage.. good and terrifying memories of that place. Prison was also amazing, Sewer, Cistern Entrance, Chansel. I liked the mood in all of those. The lighting was quite nice, some of the most memorable places for me.

I think it's because I feel nostalgy towards those levels, as I remember watching some gameplay vids of them a loooong time ago. Cistern Entrance is memorable because it's such a huge change in mood after you get out of the Prison.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 09:17 AM by GrAVit.)
01-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Find
Chris Deveaux Offline

Threads: 3

I'd say it would probably have to be the choir, archive tunnels, morgue and the transept. I think the choir would have to be the most scariest, most frightening, bone-chilling part of the game because knowing that a brute could pop up/spawn at any given time is horrifying. My first time playing through I luckily had not actually gotten killed there. The tension in the archive tunnels is also just a great exciting boost for any player really. It's just the point where all tension has been built up and finally released. The morgue is also very, very nice and the atmosphere and mood just makes it so extraordinary that it makes me squee with joy! Even though it's also very horrifying Lol!
01-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Find
Scoffy Offline

Threads: 0

for me torturechambers 100% Big Grin
01-22-2014, 03:01 AM
Website Find