Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Falling Through The Map
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago Falling Through The Map

Hey, I started a playthrough of A Machine for Pigs on a youtube channel, I started recording every second I played. Now I have come towards the end of the game when I am in some sort of city and there are pigs everywhere and the city is burning and what not- There is a part where when you open a door and your 2 kids run through it when you open it. When that happens you get shoved back into a wall. Every time I go back and hit the wall, my character starts falling through the bottom of the map and just keeps falling. I was just wondering if it is just me- or is it a flaw?
01-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Falling Through The Map

If you recorded it please send a link to the exact point it happens. (right click youtube and select copy link at current time or whatnot)
Oh and i assume you have put it up on youtube, i could be mistaken and you just recorded it for shit's and giggles.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 02:57 AM by 7heDubz.)
01-12-2014, 02:57 AM
Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6

(01-12-2014, 02:57 AM)WIWWM Wrote: If you recorded it please send a link to the exact point it happens. (right click youtube and select copy link at current time or whatnot)
Oh and i assume you have put it up on youtube, i could be mistaken and you just recorded it for shit's and giggles.

Alright, I have had the whole thing recorded since last week and this week I've been editing the videos and uploading them- I just went to go find the video with the glitch and it's the 12th video and I've uploaded 8 of 'em so far with more going right now, when it comes up I'll link you- and I looked it over again and I fall where the kids run into the door-not the one they run out, so that's my bad on location, they run into a door right beside where I initially said, I go walk near the door and I fall- another thing I saw when I re-watched it all happen, After falling for approx. 20 seconds the screen goes black and I "Die" I spawn again and every single door is locked and I can't progress. It'll make more since when the video is up, I ended up giving up and loading a previous save in the next video to restart the whole part, I was then able to proceed, avoiding the area where I fell.

Another *Glitch* I forgot to mention, the door where the kids run out, One time the door did not close like it should have, I thought I had to go through it and so I did. The door then shut behind me and locked me into this half out of map half in map area, and like before, I had to reload the save.
01-12-2014, 04:53 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(01-12-2014, 04:53 AM)TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 02:57 AM)WIWWM Wrote: If you recorded it please send a link to the exact point it happens. (right click youtube and select copy link at current time or whatnot)

Alright, I have had the whole thing recorded since last week and this week I've been editing the videos and uploading them- I just went to go find the video with the glitch and it's the 12th video and I've uploaded 8 of 'em so far with more going right now, when it comes up I'll link you- and I looked it over again and I fall where the kids run into the door-not the one they run out, so that's my bad on location, they run into a door right beside where I initially said, I go walk near the door and I fall- another thing I saw when I re-watched it all happen, After falling for approx. 20 seconds the screen goes black and I "Die" I spawn again and every single door is locked and I can't progress. It'll make more since when the video is up, I ended up giving up and loading a previous save in the next video to restart the whole part, I was then able to proceed, avoiding the area where I fell.

Another *Glitch* I forgot to mention, the door where the kids run out, One time the door did not close like it should have, I thought I had to go through it and so I did. The door then shut behind me and locked me into this half out of map half in map area, and like before, I had to reload the save.

As long as you were able to proceed then your problem is solved. Unless another arises I see no point in linking the point in the video.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 10:06 PM by 7heDubz.)
01-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

If the game is from steam make sure you do a file integrity check. For retail, reinstall. There might be corrupted files causing problems.
01-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.