Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Real life Brennenburg castel
missartemis Offline

Threads: 1
Real life Brennenburg castel

Ok, i'm just wondering if im the only one dreaming about a real life Brennenburg castel before it got all destroyed by the shadow and stuff? I'm like dreaming of just sitting in that little room behind the bookshelf in the Archives and reading in all those old books Blush am i the only one? Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 33.91 KB / Downloads: 431)
01-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Real life Brennenburg castel

Nope you're not ! Old libraries always fascinated me -as they most likely fascinate a lot of people- and I really loved the Archives for this reason ! I wouldn't be in the room you were thinking of though, but instead I would be in the large archives hallway with the paintings and the collapsed ceiling, watching the cold, foggy winter outside while being warmed up by the fireplace...

In the whole castle though, I prefer the transept to the archives, it's more unique I think ^^. This sick, green light fascinates me.

01-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Find
missartemis Offline

(01-13-2014, 09:26 PM)daortir Wrote: Nope you're not ! Old libraries always fascinated me -as they most likely fascinate a lot of people- and I really loved the Archives for this reason ! I wouldn't be in the room you were thinking of though, but instead I would be in the large archives hallway with the paintings and the collapsed ceiling, watching the cold, foggy winter outside while being warmed up by the fireplace...

In the whole castle though, I prefer the transept to the archives, it's more unique I think ^^. This sick, green light fascinates me.

To be honest, i would probably be too excited to even sit down for a moment, i would walk all around and just touch everything Tongue I love everything in the Archives but there is just something about the atmosphere in that little room that really pulls me in Smile
01-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Find
Onlinezigeuner Away

Threads: 0

I've never dreamed of that. I wish i would in a peaceful way of course. Exploring, researching, crafting with nobody else around. Maybe i visit some abandoned castle some day with friends.
01-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Website Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Someone needs to make a custom story of this. Like a prologue to Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Not sure if something like this exists already.

01-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Find
dashbarron Offline

Threads: 0

(01-15-2014, 10:45 AM)GrAVit Wrote: Someone needs to make a custom story of this. Like a prologue to Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Not sure if something like this exists already.

^ This this this!

I made an account just to post how I would LOVE to see a custom mod of prequel to this game. I am fascinated by lore and mythology in general, and I think Amnesia does a decent job of investing us into the backstory of Alexander and Brenneberg Castle.

I think it would be great fun to see and walk through the castle before it was destroyed. Whether empty and just a gallery, or more...immersive/interactive with Alexander and ghouls roaming around but with the castle in full shape. Just being able to see the place and go through all the rooms and corridors connected would be great. If it was right before the storyline you could see some of the people/monsters/townspeople/tortures, to make it...more interesting for a larger crowd.
02-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Find
aerynn Offline

I WANT TO VISIT <3
02-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

(01-15-2014, 10:45 AM)GrAVit Wrote: Someone needs to make a custom story of this. Like a prologue to Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Not sure if something like this exists already.
Indeed, that was my very first thought when I read this topic. What's keeping you from making your own map(s) Tongue

My favourites places to visit would be the choir and the transept. Big things always grab my attention, and these rooms are some of the biggest ones in the castle. I also love the moonlight in the transept.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
02-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I have a bunch of maps to remake. ONWARD!

Idk how far I'll get but i think ill just start remaking rainy hall, see where it goes.

Just gonna do as I have spare time. Probably make a thread for map by map creations.

Don't expect miracles. I wanna see this become a thing.

Well here I am assuming that frictional games doesn't mind if I mess with their maps, If someone messed with one of my released maps I would be pretty mad! Should I just keep making or specifically ask them in an email?

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014, 05:33 AM by 7heDubz.)
02-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

I don't think they would mind, but it never hurts to ask. Good luck, I'll definitely play the result Big Grin
Are you going to base it on information, to find out what the castle used to look like, or will you just use your imagination?

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
02-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Find